What is The Drum Digital Census?
The Drum Digital Census provides a comprehensive review of the digital marketing agency landscape in the UK, highlighting the key players, trends and growth in this exciting sector. The research is conducted by The Drum in partnership with the Recommended Agency Register, and ranks UK digital marketing agencies based on their financial performance and client satisfaction levels.
The report is sponsored by corporate finance and advisory practice Green Square.
What’s in the report?
- Analysis of trends across the digital marketing agency sector
- Profiles of the agencies that are featured in the polls
- To highlight yourself as a leading digital marketing agency
- To benchmark yourself against your peers
- Appearing in both the financial and client polls provides the opportunity to be featured in our 'elite' tables as an all-round high performer
Who is eligible?
- Any agency offering primarily digital marketing services headquartered in the UK is eligible, regardless of size
- You must be an RAR recommended agency at the time of publication in order to appear in the client polls
Who reads it?
- The report is circulated to clients throughout the UK
- Extracts are published by The Drum in a dedicated supplement
- The results will also be publicised via The Drum website and through twitter
How do the client satisfaction polls work?
The client satisfaction research will be carried out in partnership with Recommended Agency Register (RAR).
- To enter the client polls, you can nominate a number of clients to rate your agency via the RAR site. Further information about the RAR ratings process and becoming RAR recommended can be found on the RAR website.
- If you are not registered on RAR you may create an account here. We suggest you invite at least six clients. Alternatively we will use the information you provide as a part of the survey to create an RAR account for you. We will then invite your clients to rate your agency, after which you will gain full control of the RAR account.
- If you are already registered on RAR your ratings for digital services will be counted if they are valid until 30 September 2015 . However, you can boost your client satisfaction score by obtaining new ratings. If you are not recommended until at least 30 September 2015, we would encourage you to invite client references now to ensure you appear in the report.
What will happen next?
- We will analyse the data, and create rankings of the top digital agencies across our main dimensions (financial performance and client satisfaction)
- If you rank highly in the polls, we may contact you to ask for further information to support the editorial content of the report
- The report will be published in September 2015
How to Enter
This is what you need to do by Friday 3 July:
Complete the online survey by providing:
- Company details
- Financial information (turnover and fee income for your two most recent financial years)
- Client information
- Information about your agency’s last year in business
- If your agency offers primarily media buying services, you should enter through the separate media buying agencies entry form
If the majority of your agency’s turnover is derived from the development of digital products such as applications and websites, or through managing digital services, you should enter through this form.Submit an entry
Media buying agencies
If the majority of your agency's turnover is derived from digital media spend on behalf of clients - such as paid search, display & affiliate marketing - you should enter through this form.Submit an entry
Need some help?
If you have any questions about putting your agency forward for The Drum's Digital Census, please get in touch with a member of our research team using the contact details below:
Shane Taylor, Researcher, The Drum
t: 0141 559 6081