As the lines continue to blur between traditional advertising and other communications, The One Show, one of the preeminent creative showcases in the world, has announced their jury for a newly-created PR category, with a several high-level professionals making the inaugural roster.
"Earned media is now a component of virtually all advertising and media campaigns," said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO of The One Club, a non-profit organization and producers of The One Show and Creative Week, based in New York City. "It was a natural move for The One Show to formally recognize the many creative ways that earned media is garnered, crafted and controlled. You would be hard-pressed to find a better jury than the one we have assembled to judge that work.”
The jury includes:
- Kathy Bloomgarden, CEO, Ruder Finn
- Michael Kempner, Founder, President and CEO, MWW
- Marian Salzman, CEO, Havas PR North America and Chair Havas PR Global Collective
- Coltrane Curtis, Founder and Managing Partner, Team Epiphany
- Jenna Young, EVP & Executive Creative Director, Weber Shandwick
- Mary Corcoran, COO, Edelman NY
- Roy Elvove, EVP, Director Worldwide Communications, BBDO
- Shanee Goss, Managing Director, Kwittken
- Elliot Schimel, CEO, Mission Control Marketing
- Jeremy Miller, EVP, Chief Communications Officer, McCann Worldgroup
Last year, The One Show received more than 20,000 entries from 65 countries and will take place this year during Creative Week in New York at Gotham Hall on May 11th and Cipriani Wall Street on May 13th.
The deadline for the PR category, and its 14 sub-categories, is February 22nd.