“The biggest business mistake most people make is to presume there’s one Asia, the reality is very different", Wayne Arnold, Lowe Profero CEO and chair of the Marketing Society southeast Asia
The first episode of YouTube series 'Man About Asia', sees Wayne Arnold, Lowe Profero CEO and chair of the Marketing Society southeast Asia, explore key opportunities and challenges facing the marketing profession in the Asia region.
Episode one, ‘What Is Asia Anyway’ breaks the vast and complex region in to geographic blocks, giving an overview of the scale and diversity of the Asian markets.
In the episode Arnold says, “Possibly the most important question you need to ask yourself is where do you base your business and your people, and it's amazing how many people get this wrong”.
The five minute episode presents some basic coordinates for those wishing to decide where to invest in order to see the biggest returns.
The remaining six episodes will be published each following Wednesday.
Each of the videos, along with their corresponding marketer vox pops, will be available on the Man About Asia hub, in association with Lowe Profero.
To catch the entire series, subscribe to The Drum YouTube channel.
- Episode two, 'Avoiding Air Miles Disease’, takes a closer look at the opportunities each sub-region presents and the issue of where to invest.
- Episode three, ‘Same Same But Different’, tackles arguably the greatest opportunity, that of China.
- Episode four, 'Social Asia’, explores the wonderful, staggering and sometimes bizarre world of social media in Asia.
- Episode five, ‘The Talent Game’, explains why finding and keeping talent is a ongoing challenge for marketers in the region.
- Episode six, 'Creativity & The Power of Celebrity', takes a look at the diversity of creative cultures across Asia.
- The final episode, ‘Lost In Translation’, offers up some tips and hints for those adjusting to Asian styles of business.
To accompany the new film series Man About Asia, each week The Drum will be asking some of the region’s top marketers to share their local knowledge about Asia’s charms, challenges and customs.
Read the first here: What you need to know about Asia: Three marketers share their inside knowledge