"It's perhaps the world’s worst kept secret that Asia represents an outstanding opportunity for brands, yet understanding this great and complex land mass is often confusing," Wayne Arnold, chief executive, Lowe Profero
The Drum has partnered with Lowe Profero chief executive and chair of the marketing society southeast Asia, Wayne Arnold, to create the upcoming YouTube seriesMan About Asia.
Each of the seven episodes explores a unique set of challenges and opportunities facing the creative industry in Asia.
Wayne Arnold said: "The series is an honest set of opinions and observations of doing business in Asia. It is not aimed to be the definitive guide, but a frank and open starting point to create a dynamic debate about doing business in the region."
Man About Asia will run from 4 February, with new episodes published each following Wednesday.
The comprehensive series covers a broad range of topics, from economic growth to 'mobile-first' consumers; and silicon dragons such as Tencent and Alibaba to the difficulties of finding creative talent in the region.
- Episode one, 'What Is Asia Anyway’, breaks the vast and complex region into chunks, focusing on the scale of the opportunities across Asia.
- Episode two, 'Avoiding Air Miles Disease’, takes a closer look at the opportunities each sub-region presents and the issue of where to invest.
- Episode three, ‘Same Same But Different’, tackles arguably the greatest opportunity, that of China.
- Episode four, 'Social Asia’, explores the wonderful, staggering and sometimes bizarre world of social media in Asia.
- Episode five, ‘The Talent Game’, explains why finding and keeping talent is a ongoing challenge for marketers in the region.
- Episode six, 'Creativity & The Power of Celebrity', takes a look at the diversity of creative cultures across Asia.
- The final episode, ‘Lost In Translation’, offers up some tips and hints for those adjusting to Asian styles of business.
Sam Scott, director and producer of the series, said: “This is an exciting step for The Drum Studios. One of our key aims is to produce content that represents the challenges facing the creative industries in a global age, and this series does exactly that”.
Watch the trailer
Subscribe to The Drum's YouTube channel to make sure you catch each episode.