30 April 2013 - 9:12am | posted by | 19 comments

Coca-Cola invites the public to ‘Share A Coke’ with names replacing the iconic typescriptCoca-Cola invites the public to ‘Share A Coke’ with names replacing

A new campaign from Coca-Cola is set to see 150 of the most popular names, from Aaron to Zoe, stocked on shelves across the country, as the company encourages people to ‘Share A Coke’ with family and friends.

This is the first time that the iconic Coca-Cola script on the bottles will be replaced with consumers’ names, which will appear on 500ml and 375ml bottles, with larger sharing bottles and multipacks set aside for sharing with ‘friends,’ ‘family’ and ‘everyone’.

Caroline Cater, operational marketing director for Coca-Cola Enterprises, said: “This is the first time in our long history that we’ve ever replaced the iconic “Coca-Cola” script on pack and who better to celebrate with than the people who love our brands the most – our consumers. It’s fantastic that we can really personalise the product for them.

“We’re issuing the invite for people to connect and as part of that we want the public to have fun finding the names of their friends and loved ones on our products, and taking the time to Share a Coke with them.

“The ‘Share a Coke’ campaign will capture the nation’s imagination this summer and will help drive volume and value growth for retailers. We would urge them to stock up now and ensure that Coca-Cola’s portfolio is prominent within their stores to take full advantage of this sales opportunity.”

For those whose names are not available on pack, consumers will be given the chance to create their own virtual can.

Last week, James Sommerville was announced as VP of global design at Coca-Cola.

Comments

30 Apr 2013 - 12:52
adamk21320's picture

It's a nice idea, but not original to Coke UK. This is a copy-paste of an initiative their Australian counterparts did last year....

wjb
1 May 2013 - 15:32
wjb's picture

The Australian campaign (in 2011) also allowed consumers to get customised ones at select stores.

3 May 2013 - 10:46
StratTalking

Really nice idea, follows Heinz although they allowed personalisation so you could get your own name on regardless of if you were in the top 150.

Greg http://strat-talking.com

5 May 2013 - 19:13
harah15395's picture

Where can I buy them at

11 May 2013 - 20:33
ashleyswallartwarren

How can I put my name on a coke bottle

28 May 2013 - 21:54
erank41207's picture

Risky strategy for such an iconic brand to replace it's brand name with "popular" names. Instead of personalising their products they have potentially alienated a high proportion of their target audience. After all, it wouldn't be right to drink Stephanie, Jamie or Hannah's coke would it? (Unless your name is Stephanie, Jamie or Hannah). Have you altered your buying behaviour as a result of this campaign or are you disengaged from the brand? Read more here http://wp.me/p3xnbj-29

6 Jun 2014 - 23:59
ckhow10603's picture

This only affects one side of the bottle. The opposite side has the Coca-Cola name in script.@erank41207

29 May 2013 - 19:21
eeken12944's picture

I cannot wait. This is so exciting. I myself and a huge fan of Coca-Cola memorabilia AND personalized items.

7 Jun 2013 - 11:03
Walke58078's picture

Where in the uk are the personalised vendin machines as I have two daughters and Sophie appears in the top 150 but Freya doesn't ... So you can imagine how unhappy one girl is!!

29 Jun 2013 - 10:27
kaylieh1

Please do my name Kaylie

3 Jul 2013 - 09:28
tracythompson35325

My Grandson is called MACH no Coca Cola for him ;-(

20 Oct 2013 - 21:44
jacol11519's picture

Hello there ,is it possible I could get my girlfriends name put on a bottle because we can't find it anywhere .thanks

4 Dec 2013 - 13:45
David11072's picture

Hi!

Is it possible i could get my name put on a bottle ? Thanks

Matome David Tefu

17 Dec 2013 - 17:41
anjejacobs5

just want to know if the name Anje is on a coke, if not, please put my name on..!!! thanks..!

22 Jan 2014 - 20:29
letsebelamorai
10 Apr 2014 - 04:14
danny76986's picture

please do my name on coke bottle "D@N!tO".

5 Jul 2014 - 22:19
desma80408's picture

Put deshawn on a coke bottle plz and cassandra

13 Jul 2014 - 01:09
shahzaibbaig756

pilize my name coca cola

15 Jul 2014 - 13:29
shehrozjaved503

plz putt my name shehroz on cock bottal

Sports Bra Award Win

19/12/2014
Our super-star lingerie client, Wacoal Eveden, is...

Malibu - creating the perfect brand moment to enhance engagement

17/12/2014
The challenge How do you change customers’ perception of...

Driving Sales From Social During Black Friday

16/12/2014
The craze of Black Friday crossed the pond and hit the UK...

BREACH: LETS JACK

16/12/2014
‘Jack’ – the infectious track by British producer Breach...

Launching the Seasonal Cities App

15/12/2014
In Q3 2014 Rooster was tasked with launching the new travel...