6 February 2013 - 9:58am | posted by | 8 comments

toptable launches first major advertising push with London campaign

toptable launches first major advertising push with London campaigntoptable launches first major advertising push with London campaign

toptable, the restaurant booking service, has launched a four week poster campaign across a mixture of DOOH and print formats in the London Underground, rail stations and roadsides.
Harnessing geo-localisation the campaign will deliver invites to passing pedestrians tempting them with offers of great restaurant tables within the vicinity.

Designed by integrated agency Inferno these offers are relayed in directly by the table itself in a ‘Table Manifesto’ with people posing as tables and personifying the dining experience which they facilitate.

Mike Xenakis, managing director of OpenTable International , toptable’s parent, said: “The manifesto goes to the core of our consumer brand: we love what can happen around a restaurant table. With nearly 4,000 bookable restaurants in the UK, toptable makes it easy for diners to discover and book the perfect table.

“The advertisements are strategically placed to highlight the density of available tables waiting for discovery around every tube stop, train station and in every neighbourhood. A few taps to your smartphone or a quick visit to toptable.co.uk enables that discovery and makes it incredibly easy to make an instantly confirmed booking.”

The Table Manifesto reads as follows:

I am a restaurant table.
I have four legs. A top. And that’s it.
And yet, I am so much more.
I bring people together.
I spark debate.
I hear laughter. Sweet nothings.
And things that should go no further than this table.
I take old friends back in time.
And turn Mummies and Daddies back into Husbands and Wives.
Now what can I do for you?

Don't miss out... Get your Marketing news by email

Comments

6 Feb 2013 - 10:23
mark_astle's picture
comments

Is that a 48 sheet? Please tell me that's not a 48 sheet?

6 Feb 2013 - 12:13
humdrum's picture
comments

which end of the table would you sit at?

7 Feb 2013 - 15:13
mark_astle's picture
comments

Let me go further - there's the germ of a decent idea in there, but it's way over art directed. Wouldn't it have been much stringer and simpler to just use a real table? And then not have to say "I'm a table." And it's got far too many words for a poster - almost like they had a load of potential headlines and then decided to use them all. Plus, it apes the also 'rubbish as a poster' British Airways campaign about happy jumpers.

Do they still teach people to create posters or do they just give all the jobs to web designers now?

7 Feb 2013 - 20:19
fcthinking's picture
comments

Exciting use of geo-localisation. You might want to check out: http://tablestories.toptable.co.uk/ and twitter hashtag #tablestory for a more rounded view of the concept. Shame the concept hasn't extended to toptable's twitter or facebook page; maybe to come.

9 Feb 2013 - 16:32
Spottswoode's picture
comments

They obviously saw Carol Chell pretending to be a table on Playschool in 1980.

28 Oct 2013 - 23:38
karen39992's picture
comments

another great UK startup - foohuntr.co.uk! it started 10 years later than toptable but it's uk's top food marketplace!

28 Oct 2013 - 23:39
karen39992's picture
comments

another great UK food startup - foodhuntr.co.uk - it started about 10 years later than toptable but hey it's UK's top online food marketplace!

28 Oct 2013 - 23:41
karen39992's picture
comments

it's really great!! i sold some mango puddings and met some foodies...didn't realise there are people who love mango puddings as much as I do!! foodhuntr.co.uk

Write Your Comment

New to The Drum

You will be sent a verification email. Click on the link in the email to post your comment.

Directory Latest