Subscribers can download a copy of the latest issue of The Drum here.
This issue of The Drum features a social media buzzword poster challenge, which saw agencies tasked with illustrating buzzwords associated with social. The result is a series of posters which will test whether you know your fail from your follow.
The posters were created as part of the latest Digital Podge lunch, The Social One.
Anatomy of an ad – smart car's skate fortwo
Weapon7 creative directors Jason Cascarina and Anthony McGinty provide a behind the scenes look at the skate fortwo they created for smart, in a case study revealing how the ad was conceived and executed.
Regional review – Yorkshire
Some say if you question a Yorkshireman, he'll give you his answer straight, no nonsense. The Drum caught up with a cross-section of the Yorkshire marketing sector, both agency and client side, to gauge the strength of the creative marketing industries in the region.
This issue also includes:
- Creative Out of Home Awards results
- The latest in our series of profiles on influential women in digital – co-founder and chief marketing officer of Blippar, Jessica Butcher
- A look at challenger brands and their changing identities in 2012
- An interview with John Lewis marketing director Craig Inglis about the brand's new £6m Christmas campaign
- Industry reaction to the new ITV logo
Our regular creative round-up, The Works, features recent branding, illustration and design work, including:
- A series of posters inspired by bad client feedback, created by Mark Shanley and Paddy Treacy in aid of Temple Street Children's Hospital
- Booklets showcasing best loved fonts as part of Monotype's Pencil to Pixel exhibition
- Calligraffiti by Dutch artist Niels Shoe Meulman