A taster of what's in our latest issue out Friday 11th May
Search marketing – Special Report
Search marketing is becoming an increasingly essential element of online marketing strategy. This issue’s special supplement examines some of the key issues facing the industry at this time, from changes in Google’s algorithm to the growth of mobile search.This special report includes:
- Insights into this fast-paced, highly effective arena from organic and paid search experts
- Key trends we can expect to see from SEO and PPC in the next few months
- Are social shares the new link building? A look at the future of social search
- Drum’s quick guide to search marketing
and much more…
Is marketing dead?
At the recent Institute of Directors annual conference, Saatchi & Saatchi CEO Kevin Roberts proclaimed that marketing is dead, leading to a flurry of activity on thedrum.com when we published the piece. In this feature we review both sides of the debate.
Degree Show previews
It’s that time of year again, and students are fine-tuning their portfolios ready for the round of degree shows up and down the country. The Drum previews seven shows guaranteed to impress.
Roses Student Awards
The Roses Student Awards celebrates the creative talent emerging from colleges and universities across the UK. In this feature we feature a selection of the winning briefs, including a text-speak version of Romeo and Juliet.
The Drum presents a selection of the gold award winners from this month’s Roses Creative Awards, a scheme which recognises creativity outside London. Work featured includes:
- Aldi Like Brands, created by McCann Manchester, which won the Grand Prix
- A poster created by The Leith Agency for Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- Magpie Studio’s ‘Imagine the Possibilities’, which was created by Robert Horne Group and awarded gold for art direction
- 'A different Way of Giving’ by Propaganda for the charity Simon on the Streets
- Freak Films’ campaign for IRN-BRU
And more… Analysis and AgendaSocial Media
7,500 tweets gets brands into top five resultsPinterest ‘waste of time’ for B2B? Media
People happy despite recession, claims IPASmart TV ownership ‘to double’ this year E-commerce and Marketing
New Look better than ASOS and Topshop for social engagement10 things fashion retailers need to know for success onlineStamp price rise will prompt shift from direct mail Pitch news
A round-up of the new business news - from pitches and wins to losses and reviewsPeople news
A look at who has moved where in the marketing and media industries, both client-side and agency