Coca-Cola has today announced the artists which are set to perform along the route of the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay, before an 80,000 capacity celebration concert is held in London’s Hyde Park the day before the opening ceremony.
Dizzee Rascal, The Wanted, You Me At Six, Eliza Doolittle, Mark Ronson and Katy B are among the artists which will be performing at the various events.
The line-ups for three of the Special City Celebrations – presented by Coca-Cola – in Cardiff, Glasgow and Leeds have also been revealed, with details on the artists performing in Birmingham to be announced shortly.
Mark Ronson and Katy B will sing the Coca-Cola Olympics song, Anywhere In the World, which featured in its Olympics ad.
Katy B said: “London 2012 such a huge moment for the UK and I can’t wait to help spread the excitement along the route of the Olympic Torch. I’m especially looking forward to performing Anywhere in the World, the song for the Coca-Cola Olympic Games campaign that I’ve recorded with Mark Ronson.”
James Williams, director for the Olympic Torch Relay, Coca-Cola Northwest Europe & Nordics, said: “As a Presenting Partner of the Olympic Torch Relay we have a fantastic opportunity to bring music and celebration to every corner of the UK as the Olympic Flame progresses its journey.
“We are taking some of the nation’s best loved musical talent on the road for an incredible 66 night tour to give young people across the country the chance to Move to the Beat and participate in the magic of London 2012. We’re encouraging everyone to join in celebrating the Future Flames who have carried the Olympic Flame through their communities by registering for tickets to their local events and the finale celebration concert in London’s Hyde Park.”
• London’s Hyde Park on 26 July – headlined by Dizzee Rascal, and featuring The Wanted, a special performance by Mark Ronson & Katy B, Eliza Doolittle, You Me At Six, Rizzle Kicks, Wretch 32, Morning Parade, Loick Essien, Little Comets
• Cardiff’s Cooper’s Field on 25 May – featuring You Me At Six, Emeli Sandé, and Kids In Glass Houses
• Glasgow’s George Square on 8 June – featuring Eliza Doolittle, Emeli Sandé and General Fiasco
• Leeds’s Temple Newsam Park on 24 June – featuring Friendly Fires, Tribes and Little Comets
• Birmingham’s Cannon Hill Park on 30 June – details of line up coming soon