- 2009 – World’s first interactive digital graffiti wall developed and offered to event market
- 2009 – combined building projection mapping and digital graffiti allowing guests to virtually paint a large building all from a super accurate digital spray can
- August 2010 – released modular Square Screen System – an interactive rear-projected video wall capable of playing thousands of separate video sources simultaneously
- December 2010 – released pen based interactive table for event use one key use is allowing guests to sign in at events and create their own customised name badge
- April 2011 – Motion Mirror wall allowing guests to star in their own music video just by standing in front of a screen, using the latest depth camera technology
Case Study: Best Technical Services / Production Company at the UK Event Awards
This case study outlines the strategy behind Lumacoustics, an event services supplier which won the award in the category of best technical services/production company at the UK Event Awards 2011.
Executive Summary Lumacoustics was founded in 2009 by Tim Williams and Tom Hogan, both were newcomers to the event industry but had a shared passion for adding something special to live events. The company became known in the UK event industry for its ground breaking digital graffiti wall product, YrWall. YrWall enables users to easily create art on a large digital screen using a modified spray paint can. Its innovative tracking and display technology enables guests to create art on a large scale and without mess, with the added benefit that all images created on the YrWall can be saved and immediately printed onto t-shirts or uploaded to Facebook. The YrWall technology is continuously evolving and has been a resounding success with all manner of clients including MTV, BBC, Nissan, Vodafone, Google and Sony, with events spanning global product launches to intimate bar mitzvahs. Hot on the heels of the tremendous success of YrWall, Lumacoustics began to develop other innovative and exciting services to offer to clients, including bespoke stage projection systems and a brand new product that allows guests to record their own real-time augmented reality music video. The company has ambitious growth plans and a simple aim – to become the ‘go to’ provider of real-time interactive technology for live events including concerts, festivals and experiential campaigns. 2011 has been an extremely busy year for the company, which now has an office/studio combo in Bermondsey, London. This year has also seen the company receive immense recognition for the innovation, passion and diversity that they bring to the UK event industry. They were awarded Gold for Creative Supplier of the Year at the Eventia Awards, and Best Technical Services/Production Company at the UK Event Awards 2011. Lumacoustics Differentiation At Lumacoustics we design and produce almost all software and hardware used at events we are involved in. This allows us to offer often unique and brand new interactive technology to clients within tight budgets. Almost all of our software and solutions work in real-time real-time which means, for example, users can interact with content or large scale projected graphics change with the beat of the music. Innovation and New Products Lumacoustics product offering is unique and we never re-sell other products from other suppliers, all of our solutions are developed in house. Innovative products introduced include: