An email has been sent by News of the World editor Tom Mockridge to former staff at the newpaper to outline the resolution of a 90-day consultation process, and also reveal where the money made by the final edition of the newspaper were donated to.
In the letter, published by The Guardian, Mockridge says that News International has sought new roles for affected staff within the company, with two thirds of staff who applied, being made an offer.
"I am pleased that 65 former NOTW staff have now been redeployed in jobs throughout News International. This includes those who work on Fabulous magazine, which has been rolled into the Saturday Sun, and a number who have been employed on a digital start up, details of which will be announced in future. The Sun's team has been strengthened to benefit its regional editions in particular. In late August, 81 staff chose to take the early leaver option and, with the exception of those mentioned above, sadly the remainder of the staff have now been made redundant," he said.
"We have worked closely with NISA to ensure that staff were provided with as much support as possible. Training and outplacement advisory services have been taken up by a number of employees and all former NOTW staff were offered enhanced redundancy terms."
Mockridge also revealed that £2.8m had been donated to UK based charitable organisations following the sale of 3.8m copies of the final edition - the three organisations include Barnardo's, Forces Children's Trust and Queen Elizabeth Birmingham Charity, each receiving £933,000. Five charities in Ireland also received funds from the sale of the Irish title.