15 March 2011 - 4:11pm | posted by | 11 comments

Readers' Desks: results of competition to find the most creative workspace

Readers' Desks: results of competition to find the most creative workspace Readers' Desks: results of competition to find the most creative

Throughout today we've been asking our Twitter followers to tweet us pictures of their desks to stand a chance of winning a pair of tickets to next week's Manchester Design Symposium.

You can see the variety of entries we have received so far in our gallery on the left. The deadline is 6pm so tweet yours to @thedrum before then, we'll add it to the gallery and you might just snag those tickets.

The best desk, as judged by our editor Gordon Young, will win the tickets. Help him make up his mind and let us know who you think should win in our comments section below.

We'll be announcing the winner tomorrow.

Update: After careful deliberation our editor has chosen Barry Kinder's photo (main picture) as the winner. We're not sure if Barry was begging or just being polite, but he did say please after all... good manners deserve reward.

Thanks to all of you who sent in your desk pictures. Keep them tidy!

Don't miss out... Get your Marketing news by email

Comments

Anonymous (not verified)
15 Mar 2011 - 17:27
Anonymous's picture

My vote would be with BarryKinder too. It's good to beg.

Anonymous (not verified)
15 Mar 2011 - 17:36
Anonymous's picture

LarnerC for me. Always suspected he had a desk like that. Explains a lot.

Anonymous (not verified)
15 Mar 2011 - 17:53
Anonymous's picture

I like Andrew Avery's desk very clean :)

15 Mar 2011 - 17:59
theanonymouscreative's picture
comments

Did Kinder manage to find a satin silver pole photo with no rings the same as the 35mm?

Also did he manage to finish off that last bite of biscuit?

Anonymous (not verified)
15 Mar 2011 - 18:05
Anonymous's picture

Tony Casson handsome devil!

Anonymous (not verified)
15 Mar 2011 - 18:17
Anonymous's picture

BarryKinder for me!

15 Mar 2011 - 21:17
christian_jones's picture
comments

There are a few nice enteries. Personally I keep my desk as clutter free as I can, it helps me think freely. It could also be an OCD creeping in... Hmmm, I blame my mother and her over active thyroid during my childhood. It doesn't help that she is an interior designer and my family home resembles a show home. To sit down was to make the house look untidy!

Anyway...

15 Mar 2011 - 22:09
richard_newell's picture
comments

Best thing the Drum have done in ages.. keep it up - look, no negative comments!

Anonymous (not verified)
16 Mar 2011 - 10:30
Anonymous's picture

Isn't fayscho wacky with the plastic ducks!

16 Mar 2011 - 10:56
claudiab's picture
comments

Clearly fayscho's entry. I feel the urge to suddenly adorn my workspace with small plastic ducks...

16 Mar 2011 - 12:08
kath_gibson's picture
comments

Drats! I missed this yesterday. I've tweeted mine today anyway (I didn't want the tickets anyway... it's the taking part that counts) :o)

Surprisingly more clear desk/blank spaces than I would have expected. Can't imagine life without my blu-tack miniature sculpture gallery on my keyboard, my twinkly lights and my assortment of toys!

The ducks should get an A for effort (although I suspect they're not a permanent feature of this workspace!) :o)

Write Your Comment

New to The Drum

You will be sent a verification email. Click on the link in the email to post your comment.

Directory Latest