26 February 2010 - 4:48pm | posted by | 12 comments

Creative team sold on eBay for 60,100

Creative team sold on eBay for £60,100Creative team sold on eBay for £60,100
Creative team sold on eBay for £60,100

A creative team which put themselves on eBay has been won with a winning bid of £60,100.00.

31 bids were posted for the Yorkshire creative team of Amy Jackson (art director) and Hollie Benton (copywriter), known through their consultancy Conjoined Creatives.

The two put themselves up for bid in the hope that a London creative ad agency might snap them up – at the time of writing it was still unknown whether they had been successful, or if the bid was indeed genuine.

The pair are currently on placement at 20:20 London and hoped that the stunt might persuade company Peter Riley retain them following another placement they have lined up in March.

Don't miss out... Get your Advertising news by email

Comments

Anonymous (not verified)
27 Feb 2010 - 11:06
Anonymous's picture

dominant colour pink.

picture on ebay dominant colour light blue.

27 Feb 2010 - 11:25
jeff_black's picture
comments

Is it me or was the blonde one in the 'talented' Big Brother of a couple of years ago?

27 Feb 2010 - 11:32
stephen_lepitak's picture
comments

She was indeed Jeff.

1 Mar 2010 - 09:28
Simon Anderson's picture
comments

When I checked out their blog, they said that the winning bid was bogus. No idea if they've got a job yet.

Their portfolio is on there if anyone is interested.

Anonymous (not verified)
1 Mar 2010 - 10:02
Anonymous's picture

Cheers Jeff. I knew I recognised her from somewhere and my googling has thus far been fruitless. You have just saved what could potentially have been a disastrous morning.

Anonymous (not verified)
1 Mar 2010 - 12:10
Anonymous's picture

As someone touched by the subject and a potential employer for these 2 ladies. I have to say the judgement shown in the following "We came together a few years ago, shortly after birth, both surviving the life threatening surgery." Is to put it mildly suspect. Dealing personally as I have with conjoined twins and the distress and worry attached to it has really tarnished my view of what might have been quite a good little stunt.

As for it being a bogus bid, I'm not surprised given the poor art direction, typography and suspect concepts in their book. Does anyone really think Sainsburys would happily associate themselves with Intellectual Property theft?!? And before anyone starts ranting that I'm picking on the girls, I'm not - I was seriously considering offering them a placement up until I hit their website. Lesson learnt I think, make sure the sausage lives up to the promise of the sizzle!

Anonymous (not verified)
1 Mar 2010 - 13:52
Anonymous's picture

I don't understand how you can try to sell yourself as a creative team when you have not done any work?? their portfolio is full of sketched ideas?

Anonymous (not verified)
1 Mar 2010 - 14:00
Anonymous's picture

"how you can try to sell yourself as a creative team when you have not done any work?? their portfolio is full of sketched ideas?"

Yeah that's what student portfolios are, it's called getting you first job!

Well done to the girls for getting it on the drum and getting people talking. Personally I'm not a fan of the conjoined twin thing, it's a bit freaky and if I'm going to employ you I want 2 creative minds bringing different thoughts to the table, otherwise I may as well just employ one of you and save money.

Plus pushing the bidding to £60,000 was a mistake, are you suggesting as a junior team with no experience, you should be on £30,000 each? That's what i took from it.

Anonymous (not verified)
1 Mar 2010 - 15:49
Anonymous's picture

Sticking yourself on eBay is hardly revolutionary is it? it's been done to death and if anything reeks of desperation rather than them selling themselves of the back of their work and ideas.

1 Mar 2010 - 16:03
peter_morrison's picture
comments

My goodness what a bunch of miserable, bitter and twisted folk are left in the industry. Lighten up people. Getting yourself noticed as a junior creative is half the battle - and these two have done that brilliantly. Yes, their work is pretty basic, but as Anon 14:00 said, that's what student books are like. We should be helping and encouraging them, not publicly tearing their work apart.

1 Mar 2010 - 22:20
pete_bastiman's picture
comments

Too many students go to our (BJL) website and email the first contact on there - new biz, who then forwards it to us, who then 'delete'.

Harsh, perhaps. But if someone can't be bothered to find out who the CD's are, then we certainly aren't going to bother our arses to see them.

Tom and I tell students all the time that hunger beats talent at this stage. These girls certainly have the hunger, and the talent is there to be nurtured. But you can only be nurtured if you get into an agency. And you can only get in if you get in front of the CD. These girls have got in front of us.

And I'm not sure it's been "done to death" anon 14.00. What I do know is ebay is more creative than email. And Tom and I now know who they are. We don't know who you are. And quite frankly don't care as we'd never employ anyone so negative.

23 Mar 2010 - 11:49
ian_shepherd's picture
comments

nice idea good luck girls

Write Your Comment

New to The Drum

You will be sent a verification email. Click on the link in the email to post your comment.

Directory Latest