Scottish advertising campaigns which have helped to dramatically increase numbers of organ donors, seize over £2m of drugs, and increase financial donations to an ex-Service personnel charity, were awarded at the 2007 IPA Effectiveness Awards, which were held in Edinburgh for the first time.
The campaigns included The Union’s work for the Scottish Executive’s organ donation campaign – which picked up one of the only four gold awards dished out; The Leith Agency’s drug dealers campaign (which won a silver award) also for Scottish Executive; and The Bridge’s work for ex-service men and woman’s charity Erskine (which won a bronze).
Said Richard Storey, chief strategy officer, M&C Saatchi and convenor of judges: “The Union, The Leith Agency and The Bridge have all demonstrated conclusively how they can achieve life changing results working with modest budgets. There's much for us all to learn from here.”
Two more campaigns by Scottish agencies were also awarded last night. These include a further campaign by The Union for Historic Scotland, and Frame and MediaCom Scotland’s campaign for Subway, both of which picked up Bronze Awards.
Guy Robertson, chairman Scottish IPA and managing director of the Guy Robertson Partnership, said: “It is great to see such strong Scottish talent being recognised in this prestigious awards scheme. To have five Scottish agencies winning Awards is a clear indication that Scotland is at the forefront of effective advertising and my congratulations go out to all of these successful agencies.”
14 November 2007 - 9:47am | posted by Staff Writer
Scots effective at IPA awards
- Axis Animation wins Scottish Creative Awards Grand Prix with Union scooping 11 prizes including Chairman's Award
- Scottish Creative Awards finalists revealed- did you make the shortlist?
- VisitScotland charges The Union with unifying the brand globally
- Scottish Creative Awards offers latecomers a reprieve with final call for entry
- 'Purpose' behind P&G’s Cannes clean-up says Brand Union boss on final #BrandsinCannes result
- Volvo Trucks named Advertiser of the Year at Eurobest
Featured by The Drum
Sign up to our Daily newsletter