The Birmingham Post has announced the arrival of Marc Reeves as its new editor.
Reeves has spent the last five years as editorial director at Trinity Mirror Southern, overseeing 83 titles within the group. During his career he has also edited the Reading Chronicle, was deputy editor on the Carlisle News & Star and Cumberland News, and was chief sub on the Chronicle & Echo in Northampton.
As well as revitalising sales of the Post, Reeves has announced plans for the paper to \"play its part in the debate that is ranging in the Midlands about whether the area is punching its weight when you compare it to how people in the North West and North East champion their economy, social issues and everything else.\"
3 April 2006 - 9:40am | posted by Staff Writer
New editor for Birmingham Post
- Trinity Mirror North East unveils plan for digital-first newsroom
- Creative powerhouses and clusters: Welcome to the UK's Creative Cities
- Trinity Mirror in talks with Newcastle United FC on lifting Evening Chronicle media ban
- Blackwell's Britain: Putting Newcastle on the map for creativity
- Creative Newcastle identifies talent as key theme
- Blackwell's Britain: Why Newcastle is the next stop for everyone from Marvel to JK Rowling
Featured by The Drum
Sign up to our US newsletter