Adline publisher Gordon Young has been named Scottish Publisher of the Year at the Scottish Magazine Awards 2003, organised by the Periodical Publishers Association.
Young beat off competition from two other magazine publishers, Paul Grant of golfing magazine Bunkered and David McMurray of CA Magazine, the journal for the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Judges were particularly impressed by the magazine’s development since being acquired by The Carnyx Group earlier in the year, the magazine’s successful subscription campaign and the rationalisation of The Cream Awards and The
Roses Awards events.
The inaugural magazine awards event took place on Wednesday evening at The Roxburghe Hotel in Edinburgh.
Adline’s website, www.adline-online.co.uk, was also nominated for an award in the online category, while Adline’s sister publication, Prospect, was also nominated in the Business & Professional Magazine of the Year category and its joint editors Penny Lewis and Alison Forrest were nominated in the Editor of the Year category.
20 November 2003 - 9:35am | posted by Staff Writer
Adline wins top honour at mag awards
- Loaded magazine to shut down after 21 years
- The Drum shortlisted for four awards including best website at AOP Digital Publishing Awards
- The Drum nominated for six PPA awards, including best designer, editor and magazine of the year
- Hill+Knowlton poaches TMW’s Vikki Chowney to lead content offer
- The Drum shortlisted for six PPA Awards including business magazine of the year and media brand of the year
- Women Do Digital: Silverbean's Charlotte McMurray & Lauren Archer discuss the future of the sector
Featured by The Drum
Sign up to our Daily newsletter