Terms & Conditions of Use
Terms & Conditions of Use
1. Copyright in the Website is owned by Carnyx Group Ltd and its licensors. The Website content must not be copied or reproduced, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the content of the Website or reproduce, frame, or deep link it in any other Website without the express written permission of Carnyx Group Ltd. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
2. The names, images and logos identifying Carnyx Group Ltd, The Drum or third parties and their products and services, are proprietary marks of Carnyx Group Ltd, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks without obtaining permission may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Carnyx Group Ltd reserves all rights to enforce such rights.
3. Content on the Website is provided for general information only to inform you about industry developments which may be of interest. At no point does it does constitute legal advice (or any other type of advice) and should not be relied upon for this purpose.
4. Carnyx Group Ltd is providing the content in good faith but no warranty or representation is given that the content is accurate, complete or up to date. Use of content on the Website is entirely at your own risk. Carnyx Group Ltd takes reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses and other malicious programs on the Website and no liability is accepted for them and you must take your own precautions in this respect.
5. Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. Carnyx Group Ltd makes no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be interrupted or error free and disclaims all liability in respect thereof.
6. This Website contains links to other websites. Carnyx Group Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this Website, or any use of personal data by such a third party. The inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply endorsement by Carnyx Group Ltd or The Drum of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
7. Parts of the Site contain advertising and sponsorship. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material, which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
8. Force majeure
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the Website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
9. Changes to these Terms & Conditions
We can change these Terms at any time, without notice, and your continued use of the Services after any change we make will mean that you agreed with the changes. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGE, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY PURPOSE.
10. These terms and Conditions shall be governed in accordance with Scottish law.
Registration to Subscriber only area
Access for subscribers of The Drum to the Subscriber only area and to other Administration areas are controlled by username and password. We allow you to access these restricted areas of the site on the basis that:
1. Your username and password are personal to you and shall not be used by anyone else to access these restricted areas;
2. You provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested by The Drum in the application;
3. You do not do anything that would assist anyone who is not a subscriber to The Drum, or an approved user of the Administration areas to gain access to these restricted areas or any documents contained therein;
4. You do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user;
Termination of registration to Subscriber only area
Carnyx Group Ltd reserves the right to cancel your subscription to the site and/or refuse you access to restricted administration areas at any time. Carnyx Group Ltd shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any pages on the site.
Discussion Forum / Comments / Directory
1. Users of the The Drum Website may submit material for publication in sections of the Website. Carnyx Group Ltd accepts no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by Carnyx Group Ltd and Carnyx Group Ltd is not responsible for its content or accuracy.
2. If you want to submit material to the Website you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
i. Publication of any material you submit will be at the sole discretion of Carnyx Group Ltd and Carnyx Group Ltd is entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
ii. You grant Carnyx Group Ltd a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to republish any material you submit in any format, and you warrant to Carnyx Group Ltd that any material you submit is your own work and that you own the copyright and all relevant rights.
iii. You warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal.
iv. You agree not to post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users.
v. You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause Carnyx Group Ltd damage or loss and agree to indemnify Carnyx Group Ltd in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by Carnyx Group Ltd as a result of publishing any material you submit to us, including consequential loss.
vi. Directory content (text and images) must not be used as an overt recruitment mechanism.
CVs and job advertisements
Job advertisements contained on the site are provided by prospective employers and their agents and are not necessarily reviewed by Carnyx Group Ltd. Carnyx Group accepts no responsibility or liability for the contents of advertisements and expect candidates to carry out such verification procedures as are necessary and prudent in the circumstances.
My DRUM Jobs tools
Users are provided with facilities to manage and assist job seeking through My DRUM Jobs facility. The purpose of these tools is to allow users to store jobs, applications, CVs, letters and sign up for email job alerts. Carnyx Group does not offer any warranty that these facilities will be available in the same form and may withdraw this facility at any time.
Recruitment consultancies and employment businesses
If you are a recruitment consultancy or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ('the Act')) it is your responsibility to ensure that advertisements and job postings you place on thedrum.co.uk comply with your obligations under the Act and Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004 and all other legislation. You agree to comply with the Act and these regulations as they affect the conduct of your business and the advertisements you place on www.thedrum.co.uk.
Job Advertisement Rules
Carnyx Group Ltd has rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on thedrum.co.uk. The rules ensure the user receives a fair and clear response from using the website. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from thedrum.co.uk any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The Rules are:
- No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients' jobs.
- No deliberate inserting of words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
- Job advertisements placed in the jobs section on thedrum.co.uk must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'.
- Job titles must be clear and concise. The Job Title field should only used for this purpose and not include additional content/description.
- Duplicate jobs cannot be advertised within one job posting.
- Email links or URLs (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links and url linking is permitted from the Company Profile page.
Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. If we believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from thedrum.co.uk without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
Termination of access to administration Control Panel
Carnyx Group Ltd reserves the right to withdraw access to the administration Control Panel at any time. Carnyx Group Ltd shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any pages on the site.
Responses to advertisements
Advertisers agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who respond to an advertisement that have been posted and not do anything which may bring thedrum.co.uk into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against thedrum.co.uk arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Carnyx Group Ltd does not guarantee any response to your advertisement nor that responses will be from individuals suitable for the advertised job. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
Content and links
Advertisers are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove from thedrum.co.uk any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring The Drum or Carnyx Group into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.