Senior .Net Developer
Yes, we have a jingle. Go on, sing it….
Senior .Net Developer - Who are we looking for?
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior .Net Developer to join a growing team of developers based from London and working on Moonpig's ambitious development roadmap. The Senior .Net Developer role will involve maintaining and improving the existing codebase, as well as working within an Agile team to deliver new features and products. Moonpig is looking for a versatile, cross-functional senior back-end developer with deep knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack, and excellent object-oriented programming skills.
An ability to produce easily adaptable and testable software which delivers real business value for the product owner and/or customer is a key requirement for this role. The candidate must be adept at capturing requirements through collaboration, and working within a tightly co-ordinated team to deliver quality software iteratively.
The Senior .Net Developer role requires solid C#/.Net programming experience, developing with highly transactional web solutions. We look for a sound knowledge of unit testing and test driven development (TDD). The candidate will be expected to contribute to high level architectural discussions, as well as efficiently developing code for new features and products. He / she should be able to think creatively and innovatively and communicate complex technical ideas.
Moonpig prides itself on its innovation, and we like to hire world class engineers who can actively contribute to the evolution of the web and mobile products. The work is not all green field, but we expect and encourage a real passion for breaking new ground, and, though the company may have grown out of its start-up phase, it still cherishes an entrepreneurial spirit. An ability to influence product development through strong technical ideas and work collaboratively with product owners should be considered a key part of this role.
Senior .Net Developer - Required Skills
• Proficient in .NET v4.0/4.5 C#
• ASP.net MVC.
• Proficient in SQL server 2008 / 2012
• Proficient in unit testing (nUnit/xUnit)
• Proficient in use of source control system, ideally GIT
• Agile development process experience, ideally SCRUM
• Experience of a dependency injection framework, e.g. Unity
• Good communication skills
• DevOps mentality.
• Cultivating agile process.
• Mentoring others technically.
• Architectural level of technical experience.
Senior .Net Developer - Desirable Skills/ knowledge / experience
• Experience with continuous integration / build management / TeamCity.
• Experience in highly transactional retail web sites.
• Entity Framework
• Windows Azure or alternative cloud provider
Senior .Net Developer - What can Moonpig offer you?
• Salary - yes, we will pay you in real money not just doughnuts & popcorn!
• 25 days annual leave
• World Vision child sponsorship paid on your behalf
• Season ticket loan scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Contributory pension scheme
• Your choice of company laptop - Dell or Mac that is the question?
• Individual training budget
• Moonpig account loaded with credit to spend each year
• An opportunity to be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun teams across the whole business where inspiration (and a little bit of crazy) is encouraged
• Working with cutting-edge technologies on a product with an ambitious and exciting roadmap
• A great London SE1 location in between Waterloo and London Bridge, also very near to Borough Market, the Tate Modern & the Shard
• Oh …. And we have a table tennis table in one of the meeting rooms, a popcorn machine in the office, 2 Nespresso machines in the kitchen, brown bag pizza lunches, monthly birthday cake/beer and some fake grass if you just need to escape for a while!
If the above Senior .Net Developer role sounds interesting, then drop us a line with your CV and a bit about yourself.
All Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered
No Agencies please - we are recruiting this role directly. Any CV's sent will be treated as a kind gift.