England - East of England | Undisclosed
- Contract: Permanent
- Posted: 10 May 2014
- Reference: 9866663
You will be working as part of an integrated client/Salmon team in a highly interactive environment. You will be a key part of the team and expected to take the initiative in ensuring the business needs of our client are fully understood and met by the proposed solution. This is a practical role requiring someone of excellent technical ability looking to make their mark in a diverse and expanding team.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
- Integrate production-ready XHTML cross-browser compliant valid CSS into JSP coded pages in a integrated development environment
- Mastery of hand-coded XHTML and CSS, adhering to W3C standards. Table-free layouts; semantic markup; standards enthusiast.
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Good understanding/awareness of Usability, Accessibility, Cross Browser issues.
- Solid information, interaction, and visual design skills.
- Experience creating site architecture diagrams, wireframes, process flows.
- Experience designing for dynamic and template-driven sites.
- Creative, yet meticulous. Has a sense of craftsmanship.
- Experience of industry standard vector & bitmap graphics packages.
- Experience of working on Java projects would be extremely advantageous.
Founded 24 years ago, Salmon is a highly innovative eCommerce digital agency, with an 'on-time, on-budget' approach to the design, development, implementation and management of complex commerce based projects. Salmon's services are increasingly embraced by the leading names in retail, wholesale and manufacturing. Customers like Argos, Halfords, Kiddicare, Morrisons and Selfridges continue to return to Salmon for its ability to build and integrate business-led systems that add measurable competitive value to eCommerce and multi channel operations and to their bottom line.
Salmon quickly understands the business vision, creates realistic project plans and efficiently delivers solutions to plan; based around a management process that removes risk from successful project roll-outs. Which is why Salmon, through its offices in the United Kingdom, Australia and China, is able to ensure projects finish on schedule and deliver all the competitive, operational and financial advantages expected of them.