IT Sales Account Manager (Office-based), Circa £28k + 35% OTE
An opportunity for a target-driven and enthusiastic IT Software/IT Service Sales Executive to join a market leading IT Employer that provides exceptional sales training, a highly collaborative and fun work environment and excellent personal and career development.
RM Education is an award-winning employer* with over 2000 staff and a leading provider of IT software & service solutions to thousands of UK schools. Working in the Internal Sales team and based at the Bellshill office near Glasgow, the IT Sales Account Manager position combines account management and new business development across Scotland and the full responsibility for a £m territory sales target.
Whilst telephone based, the IT Sales role has true territory ownership, planning and forecasting responsibilities, accountability for customer relationships (schools, Local Authorities and the Scottish Executive) the autonomy to develop a territory sales plan and make prioritisation decisions, the remit to create innovative bespoke customer IT solutions (with the support of field sales, technical and educational specialist colleagues) and ultimately negotiate and close deals.
Drawing upon RM Education's vast IT software & service portfolio, orders can be £3k to £300k and encompass IT infrastructure, networks, broadband, eBooks, cloud hosted solutions and annual support services. Overall this represents the chance for a high calibre IT Sales Account Manager to join an employer of choice that provides a challenge, a progressive career path and the opportunity to make a real difference.
- IT software/service sales skills in any industry (prior experience into the education sector would be useful, but isn't essential as full training can be provided).
- Proven track record of establishing strong customer relationships and growing accounts.
- Driven, high level of energy, enthusiastic and target & results oriented.
- Exceptional customer care, strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication and flexible to tailor approach and communication style to different customers.
- A proactive and consultative approach, strong active listening, objection handling, negotiation, influencing and closing abilities.
- Planning and organising skills to handle the workload and to prioritise activities across a large group of customers in a dynamic work environment.
Why you should consider this role
- *RM is an award-winning and leading employer (awarded 'Britain's Top IT Employer on multiple occasions) that provides a great work environment, a strong staff focus and is a company that really lives and breathes its core values: Customer success, high standards, respect for all, openness, innovation and improvement, and enjoying ourselves.
- Strong focus on training and development (ie initial 1 month induction with extensive product and sector training) plus many further career opportunities are available, particularly across field sales.
- Team-centric culture with support from technical and educational specialists to ensure that customers receive the right solution.
- Working within the education ICT sector and ultimately making a difference to teaching and learning is challenging, stimulating and above all, hugely rewarding.