Consultant-Manager, Digital, Software Engineer, London
- England: London
- Category: Digital, E-Commerce, Mobile/App, Project Management, Public Relations/Communications, Social Media, User Experience, Web Development/Technical, Web Trafficking
- Contract: Permanent
- Posted: 12 April 2014
- Reference: 8870087
Deloitte - Technology - Digital, Consultant-Manager, Software Engineer, London
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital. Deloitte Digital is committed to helping clients unlock the business value of emerging technologies.
Through eleven studios spread across the globe, we provide clients with a full suite of digital services, covering digital strategy, user experience, content, creative, engineering and implementation across mobile, web and social media channels.
We are a new team with big ambitions. We combine fun with serious intent. At Deloitte Digital, business, creativity and technology intersect.
The team at Deloitte Digital includes creative designers, channel strategists, engineers, architects and product specialists - a powerful combination of creativity, business acumen and technical know-how.
We believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our relaxed work environment, intense commitment to quality and truly unique culture.
We are growing our team at Deloitte Digital Belfast Studio to enable us to build more great digital solutions for our clients. We've been building great digital solutions for a while now and we've got pretty good at it. However, we're always looking for better and more fun ways to do things.
Here are just some of the tools and techniques we're using at the moment:
- Scrum and Kanban
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Continuous Integration and Automated Build and Test
- Elastic Cloud Based Environment
- Rapid Prototyping Tools
- We also continually look to play with new frameworks and design patterns that help us deliver solutions that excite our client's customers and allow us to deliver at incredible speeds. There are far too many to mention and we're continually adding to the list but here are some of the things we're using at the moment:
- Responsive Design
- Progressive Enhancement
- Native and Hybrid Mobile App Development
- HTML 5 and CSS 3
Software Engineers will have responsibility for:
You'll be responsible for developing cutting-edge applications. You'll have the chance to work with some of the best Developers, UX Designers, Creatives and Strategy thinkers in the business, delivering world class digital solutions for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. For us, Developers are not people who are locked in a room to churn out code to match a large paper based specification. They need to work alongside our clients and their customers across the entire project life cycle and combine deep technical expertise with innovative thinking and a strong understanding of what makes businesses and their customers tick. It's the combination of these skills and ways of working that helps us deliver the best digital experiences.
We pride ourselves on our quality and speed of delivery and you'll get to work with and learn some of latest technologies, tools and techniques that allow us to continually out class our competition.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Recent and strong commercial experience developing solutions using one of the following:
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft .net platform
- Experience working in development teams using agile development methods and supporting tools such as Scrum and Kanban
- Drive and determination to continually learn new things and develop yourself into a world class digital developer
- Passion for digital and technology
- A team player who enjoys working with others to solve problems and sharing knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A balance of logical problem solving and innovative thinking
- Right to live and work in the UK
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) from a reputable university
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Experience of build and test automation and continuous integration
- Experience of user centric design
- Experience of streamlining configuration management
About the Consulting Service Line
Our Consulting practice advises on a broad range of issues, from strategy through to implementation. Deep industry expertise in a number of key market segments in both the private and public sectors ensures that the advice we provide to clients is tailored to that particular sector's needs. From defining the initial strategy to planning its development and implementing its outcome, Deloitte's Consulting practice delivers end-to-end solutions to help our clients maximise their commercial potential.
Consulting is comprised of 7 core competencies:
* People & Programmes
* Actuarial & Pension Services
The breadth and depth of the expertise we bring to each engagement, and the collaborative way we work with clients and with each other help us stand out from our competitors. Our consultants have valuable expertise in market analysis, organisational design, operational performance improvement, performance measurement, risk management, and project and change management.
You'll play a vital role in conceiving strategies for our clients, planning the implementation of the strategy, and then, bottom line, delivering it. If you can apply yourself with creativity and intellectual rigour, have exceptional hands-on problem solving skills and can adapt rapidly to changing circumstances, you'll find there are countless opportunities to progress.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism