England - London | Undisclosed
- Category: Digital, E-Commerce, Mobile/App, Project Management, Public Relations/Communications, Social Media, User Experience, Web Development/Technical, Web Trafficking
- Contract: Permanent
- Posted: 5 April 2014
- Reference: 8622915
At A Glance
TUI Travel is one of the world's leading leisure travel companies, with over 240 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers. We are a truly global business, a member of the FTSE 100, employing approximately 54,000 people and operating in 31 key source markets worldwide.
Our business is grouped into three sectors, comprising many of the best loved and market-leading travel brands worldwide - Mainstream, Accommodation & Destinations and Specialist & Activity. Making travel experiences special' underpins everything we do.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join our Mobility Digital Hub, part of TUI's international Digital Solutions team. This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling mobile solutions to provide our customers with an exceptional, personalised, immersive, truly customer centric digital experience.
What You'll Be Doing
As the UX Designer you will be responsible for defining the interactivity and UX on a variety of mobile products, using your passion for usability and visual consistency to deliver simple and intuitive user experiences.
You will work closely with stakeholders to carry out usability testing throughout the life cycle; using your experience to solve interaction design problems, develop wireframes, personas and behavioural specifications, all the while providing continuous improvement and implementation suggestions.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience in agile methodology and working closely with the immediate scrum team on a day-to-day basis
- Well-rounded understanding of online and mobile usability best practices
- Excellent interface and interaction design skills
- Solid navigation and information architecture design skills
- Strong typography skills
- Strong Photoshop skills
- Experience with Native app design for both iPhone and Android
- Proven ability delivering high quality user interfaces to customers, experience with international audiences a plus
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for mobile and the web
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders all levels
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret and communicate concepts to create practical solutions and influence decisions
- M-commerce experience with a strong grasp of web design principles and a good understanding of Front End web technologies
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to maintain strong customer focus while balancing business requirements and goals
- Passion for great technology and user experience
- Aptitude for innovation
What We Can Offer
- Competitive salary & Generous holiday concessions
- Reward scheme - online discounts on products & services plus late seat & accommodation offers
- Foreign exchange discount at TUI retail outlets plus In-flight discount of 20%
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance & Private Medical Insurance
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company. Holiday Concessions are a non-contractual benefit and subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the Company.