Digital Product Owner
- England: London
- Category: Digital, E-Commerce, Mobile/App, Project Management, Public Relations/Communications, Social Media, User Experience, Web Development/Technical, Web Trafficking
- Contract: Permanent
- Posted: 5 April 2014
- Reference: 8622765
Digital Product Owner
At A Glance
TUI Travel is one of the world's leading leisure travel companies, with over 240 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers. We are a truly global business, a member of the FTSE 100, employing approximately 54,000 people and operating in 31 key source markets worldwide.
Our business is grouped into three sectors, comprising many of the best loved and market-leading travel brands worldwide - Mainstream, Accommodation & Destinations and Specialist & Activity. Making travel experiences special' underpins everything we do.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join our Mobility Digital Hub, part of TUI's international Digital Solutions team. This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling mobile solutions to provide our customers with an exceptional, personalised, immersive, truly customer centric digital experience.
What You'll Be Doing
As Product Owner you will be responsible for a set of mobile products in the Mobility Digital Hub, developing a deep understanding of the potential business use and applications of the products.
You will help develop and drive the product roadmap and actively engage with business stakeholders to communicate the products vision, define the product attributes and specifications. You will need to provide regular progress reports to the work stream PMO and generally keep abreast of developments in digital; providing innovative ideas and continuous improvement suggestions to ensure that the product remains relevant and continues to deliver customer and business value.
What We Are Looking For
- Proven record in in developing and managing product roadmap and product life cycle management in mobile solutions
- Strong ideation skills (eg design thinking)
- Exceptional customer focus, including internal customers
- Excellent communication and networking skills to work with customers in guiding, advising, influencing and managing the expectations of stakeholders and leaders at all levels of business and influence solution design and delivery
- Experience of working in a complex, multi geography, multi-cultural environment
- Experience working using agile methodologies in product development in multiple release cycles
- Strong understanding of relevant digital technologies, with the ability to harness their potential to drive customer and business value
- Able to maintain strong customer focus while balancing business requirements and goals
- Able to analyse and communicate technical concepts to create practical solutions and influence decisions
- Strong personal impact and the ability to inspire confidence and positive action
- Strong communications and influencing skills
What We Can Offer
- Competitive salary & Generous holiday concessions
- Reward scheme - online discounts on products & services plus late seat & accommodation offers
- Foreign exchange discount at TUI retail outlets plus In-flight discount of 20%
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance & Private Medical Insurance
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company. Holiday Concessions are a non-contractual benefit and subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the Company.