User Experience Designer/UX Designer
- England: East of England
- Category: Digital, E-Commerce, Mobile/App, Project Management, Public Relations/Communications, Social Media, User Experience, Web Development/Technical, Web Trafficking
- Contract: Contract
- Posted: 1 February 2014
- Reference: 7402891
User Experience Designer/UX Designer
User Experience Designer for our eCommerce/Customer Experience team.
You will be working as part of an integrated client/Salmon team in a highly interactive environment. You will be a key part of the team and expected to take the initiative in ensuring the business needs of our client are fully understood and met by the proposed solution. This is a practical role requiring someone of excellent technical ability looking to make their mark in a diverse and expanding team.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Produce scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around the desired interaction design direction
- Understand how to utilise customer and user research to drive design decisions
- Work closely with stakeholders, fellow designers, program managers, and developers
- Clearly and persuasively communicate and present design concepts and solutions
- Qualified candidates should have at least 2-3 years of UX experience
- Solid information, interaction, and visual design skills.
- Expertise creating a variety of interaction design documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, and annotated wireframes
- Experience of providing usability guidance on transactional websites.
- Ability to work on several projects at any one time and autonomously manage own workload
- Possess ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture+
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future developments
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other deliverables
- Knowledge of Axure and Omnigraffle (and the ability to demonstrate this) would be extremelly advantageous.
- Experience of eCommerce UX both B2B and B2C
- Experience in developing and conducting a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research including ethnographic research, contextual inquiries, guided explorations, and usability testing.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of Photoshop,Indesign or Illustrator
Founded 24 years ago, Salmon is a highly innovative eCommerce digital agency, with an 'on-time, on-budget' approach to the design, development, implementation and management of complex commerce based projects. Salmon's services are increasingly embraced by the leading names in retail, wholesale and manufacturing. Customers like Argos, Halfords, Kiddicare, Morrisons and Selfridges continue to return to Salmon for its ability to build and integrate business-led systems that add measurable competitive value to eCommerce and multi channel operations and to their bottom line.
Salmon quickly understands the business vision, creates realistic project plans and efficiently delivers solutions to plan; based around a management process that removes risk from successful project roll-outs. Which is why Salmon, through its offices in the United Kingdom, Australia and China, is able to ensure projects finish on schedule and deliver all the competitive, operational and financial advantages expected of them.
Salmon is headquartered in Watford, Hertfordshire.
For more details about Salmon visit the website.