Kier Group is a leading FTSE 250 construction, services and property group. It employs 16,000 people, has revenue of 2.8bn and the unique capability to draw on skills and experience from across the group, offering clients brilliant solutions to challenging projects.
The company has undergone a transformational change following the recent acquisition of May Gurney, and was recognised as Britain's Most Admired Company in the Heavy Construction sector (Management Today, December 2013)
The Kier IT department is based at the company headquarters in Sandy, Bedfordshire, and at a large office in Norwich. The IT team is embarking on several substantial projects and a major overhaul of its operations, which has resulted in the creation of the following new role.
Architecture and Design Manager
We are looking for an experienced Architecture and Design Manager, who will be mainly responsible for technology road mapping and infrastructure technical architecture.
The main responsibility of this role will be to lead a team responsible for the forward-looking design across multiple Infrastructure platforms ensuring compliance with best practice and responsibility for high-level designs. It will also be the responsibility of the Architecture and Design Manager to lead a team tasked with designing solutions to Infrastructure challenges as the organisation implement new business systems and contracts.
Another aspect of the position will be to provide line management leadership, mentoring, co-ordination and supervision to a team of technical experts, alongside this you will be working as an effective part of the infrastructure management team, ensuring that all customers receive an excellent level of service.
In order to be successful in filling this position, we are looking for the following qualities in a candidate, as well as those of which are listed above: -
- Experience of high-level design
- Strong working history in IT infrastructure roles (preferably including platform and system design)
- Understanding and knowledge of technology methodologies and a qualification in software asset management (ITILv3 certificate preferred)
- Strong understanding of the technical platforms and systems used to deliver Infrastructure services (eg virtualisation, Microsoft technologies, data centre and cloud hosting)
- In depth knowledge of IT infrastructure and networks (WAN and LAN)
- Technical knowledge of applications behaviour across distributed systems
- Previous budgetary management experience
For more information about this role or the organisation please visit our website
For an informal discussion, please contact Joseph McCue
All third party application will be directed to Hays IT. who are the retained agency working in partnership with Kier Group Plc.