Client Account Manager - Developing Key Accounts - Financial Markets
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a global financial who provide a range of financial based incentive schemes to the world's largest banks. The Client Development Manager acts as the key interface between our client and their Customers (B2B). Their primary objective is to fully manage the client account and ensure that budgetary and financial objectives are met and that commercial opportunities with the relationship are maximised. There will be regular travel to client meetings and the potential to be based at the client site up to 3 days a week.
- Act as the key day-to-day contact for the client for account development matters liaising with relevant internal functions to meet the client's requests and requirements. This involves handling all major account development queries raised by the client and handing off such queries to relevant departments, writing proposals and presenting these to the client.
- Responsible for managing/co-ordinating the implementation of all aspects of contractual obligations according to the contracts (defined in the contracts as Service Manager ) and responsibility for day-to-day (non-operational) relationship with contractual partners. Supporting contract negotiation and re-negotiation in increasingly mature market: strategy, operational delivery, product, pricing, marketing etc.
- Organising regular business review meetings and assisting Relationship Leader in these senior level meetings, designed to develop the relationship, establish new revenue generating opportunities, propose new strategies and keep up-to-date with the client's existing and future requirements.
- Identifying, proposing and implementing new product and marketing opportunities. Demonstrating added value and increasing Client satisfaction by providing market and customer insights, supported by statistical analysis, on on-going, marketing and operational initiatives.
- Responsible for managing delivery of and feedback/improvement of initiatives aimed at driving revenue, assessing customer satisfaction, mystery shopping customer experiences, retention etc. Organising and managing monthly performance review meetings attended by other representatives and the Accounts/Clients product team.
- Defining and briefing in all relevant departments on the client's requirements. Ensuring that all relevant parties have a full understanding of the client, its requirements and needs and the service being provided, in order to maintain high service levels.
- Assisting with all aspects of the completion, signing and implementation/maintenance of new/renewing the client contracts.
- Manage any non-performance of contractual requirements where customers, client or revenue is directly threatened ie Service Levels, compliance, forecasted membership, IT systems, operational delivery and marketing activity. Decisions include nature of information that is revealed to the client, speed of notification, rescue strategy etc.
- Manage any non co-operation of client, client teams or associated third parties, or support functions and contracted third parties which directly affects International' ability to deliver on contractual or revenue requirements. Decisions include strategy and short, medium and long-term tactics for returning relationship to a sustainable commercial level.
- Positioning as strategic partner as opposed to content provider - proving added value of solution and justifying premium pricing including shaping standards of client interaction, commercial relationship. Decisions include selecting best practice case studies and information, sharing of market relevant Intellectual Property and data insights.
- Working closely with the Client Virtual Team gaining full understanding of customer issues and supporting their resolution.
- Extensive experience in a marketing environment within a client facing role
- Strong direct marketing experience
- Experience of managing own accounts and budget exposure
- Direct exposure to financial services market
- Experienced in contract negotiations/renewals
- Proven track record in blue chip client relationship management at senior level
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills
- Motivating, with the ability to get the best out of people especially at senior management level
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent and proven people and project management skills, including multiple relationship management, internally and externally