We are looking for a Web Developer to design, build and implement software/technology solutions for our clients and our business, and support the development and continual improvement of our 'tech' offer.
If you are a proven web developer, with great relationship building skills and a client focused and collaborative attitude, we would like to hear from you.
* Designing and building technology solutions with the most appropriate skills and tools to meet the client's objectives
* Adhering to agreed processes and rigorous testing procedures to ensure high standards of quality assurance on development projects
* Proactively looking for ways to improve our procedures and systems, including process development, software deployment and reporting
* Effective project management of each project, meeting deadlines and time budgets, ensuring internal processes are adhered to
* Liaison with Brightsource employees and third party companies to build effective relationships and systems at a project level
* Ensuring our project managers and clients receive continuity of service, of a consistently high standard
Essential candidate requirements:
* 3+ years' experience of front end web development; stand alone and CMS based.
* Experience of mobile web development
* A keen eye for UI/UX design and best practices
* Adobe CS 5.5+ user
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to keep abreast of emerging technologies
* Flash and AS3, Android / iPhone development, MySQL, Unix & Apache, Laravel/ CodeIgniter framework.
* Experience of wireframing and prototyping (Axure)
* Willingness to learn server side (back end) development and database architecture
Key skills - competencies & attitude
* Great team-worker, able to collaborate effectively with colleagues across the business
* Appetite to challenge the status quo
* Passion for delighting clients, with an appetite to understand and solve their marketing problems
* Excellent problem solver, with the ability to own a project or problem and drive it through to resolution/completion
* Appetite and ability to learn fast under own initiative with ongoing development of technical skills across the changing marketing technology environment
* Good, organised project management and time management with excellent attention to detail and documentation.
* Ability to work accurately, at speed
* CV, plus covering letter outlining your suitability for the role