2 Packaging Artworker/Artwork Coordinators are required to work in house for a major client of this specialist Packaging Production Company based in Derbyshire.
The Onsite Packaging Artworker/Artwork Coordinator is a key position within the Production function and in supporting an efficient and professional service to clients.
This position encompasses the role of Packaging Artworker, Colour Separator and Onsite coordinator. You may be specialists in one field or indeed all. Packaging Artworker/Artwork Coordinators can expect to be involved with some or all of the following activities:
• To produce artwork of an agreed standards for all the graphic changes requested via our client.
• To build artwork that is aligned to brand and technical guidelines of the client or its customers.
• To be fully conversant in Apple Macintosh technology and supporting software specifically relating to the packaging sector.
• To be fully conversant in the latest upgrades of Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Sound typographic skills, layout flair and attention to detail.
• Ability to interpret concept through to artwork execution.
• To possess as excellent knowledge of pre-media services and solutions relating specifically to the packaging sector.
• To have a knowledge of pre-press and the clients print techniques.
• To understand print feasibility.
• To have a working knowledge of proof for approval devices.
• To have knowledge of file management systems to allow effective file location, back up, archive and transfer.
• Effectively control the administration of the Artwork creation and approval process with the client and his their customers.
• Effectively control the administration of the Plate order process with the main Production site.
• Assist in the creation of monthly reports on the performance of the onsite studio.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of the account strategy to deliver business growth and profitability.
• To act as the clients representative in Pre Artwork meetings.
• Ensure Quality Control procedures are adhered to and met.
• Work effectively and professionally with colleagues in other locations.
• Promote Inter-Company and Interdepartmental communication, support and relationships.
• To demonstrate good communication skills, commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility.
• To work quickly and accurately under pressure.
The above should be regarded as an indication and the Packaging Artworker/Artwork Coordinator should expect to be involved with activities not listed here.
This is not a creative or design role with no design input on projects - just creating Packaging Artwork.
Coaching, support and training will be provided to allow the Packaging Artworker/Artwork Coordinator to develop their careers within the role and elsewhere within the company
Packaging Artworker/Artworker Coordinator
To apply for this role please email your CV along with PDF examples of your work