A small but well-established agency based in North Hertfordshire is currently seeking a Website Developer to join their growing team. The agency has been established for a number of years and offers expert website development, graphic design and marketing services to medium sized companies in the region. With a varied client portfolio including B2B, B2C and B2G clients the role will require a full range of web development knowledge and skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced developer with a solid PHP skillset and the full range of supporting skills. The role involves producing a wide variety of front-end and back-end solutions where usability, user experience and quality of code is paramount.
The ideal candidate will have commercial experience in building bespoke websites using PHP, MySQL, HTML and CSS. They will demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude and be eager to grow with the company.
This position will suit someone who likes to work on a wide variety of projects and is always looking to apply new technologies and ideas. For the right applicant, there is the opportunity to progress into a senior role.
- PHP with MySQL
- Some knowledge & understanding of object-oriented principles
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment and deliver under pressure
- Able to work on more than one project at a time/multi-task
- Good time management and communication skills
- Able to provide accurate estimates on development time required
- Passionate about delivering excellent solutions
- Able to work independently without supervision and as part of a team
- Fast learner with ability to quickly understand code written by others
- Able to communicate well with colleagues and clients from a non-technical background
- JQuery library, AJAX
- MVC architecture
- Understanding of Apache servers/LAMP stack
- Awareness of current developments in PHP, HTML(5), CSS(3)
- Interpreting documentation to work with APIs and existing libraries
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience of Content Management Systems
- Knowledge of usability and accessibility issues and standards