Web Developer - IRC122913
Fixed Term until 28 February 2015
Salary: From £28,246 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance
Applications are invited for a Web Developer position at the MRC National Institute for Medical Research, London. Situated in Mill Hill, North West London, NIMR is the largest MRC institute, supporting some 70 research groups and 500 bench scientists. The Institute provides excellent training for researchers in a multi-disciplinary environment and is equipped with state of the art facilities. Please visit our website for more information about the institute.
NIMR staff will move to the Francis Crick Institute in 2015. This post is fixed-term, until the end of February 2015, during which time the post holder will support the organisational objectives and user needs, ensuring NIMR's operational needs are met and supporting the transition of digital activities to the Crick.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for development and coordination of NIMR's web team activities including the website, Intranet and social media.
- Provide technical solutions that maintain professional communication activities on digital media channels and ensure accessibility.
- Develop good working relationships with the communications, IT, delivery partners and external agencies and suppliers to ensure a robust and secure technical infrastructure.
- Ensure procedures and working practices support the efficient and effective operation of the team.
To join us you will need:
- The PHP Developer must have a substantial experience working with PHP (OO), MySQL and the PHP Developer must be experienced working with MVC Frameworks.
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent
Benefits include a flexible pay and reward policy, excellent holiday entitlement, MRC final salary pension scheme.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services; to apply upload your CV and cover letter saving the reference IRC122913 in the filename. Applicants who would like to receive this advert in an alternative format (eg large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone and quote our reference number.
Closing Date: 22 December 2013
The MRC is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Final appointments will be subject to a pre employment screening