If you'd like to work from home, and you've got a good knowledge of CSS/XHTML with an eye for design and some graphics skills, then here's a great opportunity for you.
This small company are pioneers in the field of environmental reporting, and they are looking for someone to help them develop websites for their growing customer base, and also to assist their clients in getting the best looking design for those sites and their mobile phone apps. They understand that not everyone has mobile app experience so don't let that put you off submitting your CV.
Below is the usual shopping list of responsibilities and skills (and a bit more about the company), but apart from the technical stuff what's really important is that you're a self-starter who is able to work from home and deliver without micro-management. You'll also need to be happy to talk to customers on the phone and help them through the design process.
- Developing clean, accessible CSS and XHTML mark-up branded based websites.
- Working closely with clients to formulate and deliver website/app designs.
- Contributing to design specification documentation.
- Providing design guidance/consultancy to clients.
- Producing app/website mock-ups.
- Translating mock-ups into functioning mobile apps/websites.
Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience within a commercial environment.
- Thorough understanding of web standards, W3C validation and build methodologies.
- Graphic design and layout experience.
- Ability to interpret requirement and suggest creative solutions.
- Strong communication skills,.
- Ideally, knowledge of mobile application design principles and best practices.
- Other skills like XAML/.NET would be useful, but are not vital.
You must be based in and eligible to work in the UK, and be able to attend regular meetings in places like Liverpool, London or the Midlands. Even though most of the team are based from home, they do like to get together from time-to-time!
The firm is a small, happy, hard-working outfit, with a dev team based around Liverpool, but who primarily work from home. They are family friendly, with a relaxed and flexible outlook to working practices. They are trying to make the world a slightly better place, one street at a time, so they love things like cycling and they'll support you with stuff like the cycle to work scheme.