Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
Circa $100,000-$120,000 + bonus
Key Skills: C# IN WINDOWS, PERL IN UNIX,
Additional Skills: Clearcase, Java, JBOSS, .NET, PERL, Python, SQL, Sybase, TCP/IP, UNIX/Linux, Windows OS, XML, XPath, XSL/XSLT, Message Oriented Middleware, Object Oriented Programming, Serive Oriented Architectures, Specialized Industry applications, Relational Database Management Systems.
My client, an independent research and execution broker that partners with global portfolio managers and traders to provide unique data-driven insights is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to sit in their New York office, and will be involved in the ongoing development and enhancements of various products. They are looking for an individual with strong core skills in object-oriented design specifically in C# .NET, and experience developing component-based/distributed software systems using various other programming languages. The right candidate will also be involved in systems architecture, database design and manipulation, modern GUI design and third party interfaces.
- Create, design, develop, code, test, debug, provide beta support and implement software programs across multiple platforms.
- Perform highly detailed analysis, design, programming, and unit/integration testing of complex subsystems and modules.
- Design and build high-quality applications and components using Agile development methods.
- Perform complex product design activities on applications software which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Apply all phases of software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, build, deployment, and maintenance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven knowledge of object oriented programming, embedded systems, UNIX systems, relational databases (RDBMS) and new/advanced programming languages
- Proven knowledge of Agile development methods, specifically eXtreme programming
- Proven understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Previous experience with enterprise production environments, including understanding of operational support issues
- Proven technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent technical discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience
- M.S degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent technical discipline with 3+ years of relevant experience
This is a very hands-on programming position within a hugely successful technology firm that is always looking for the newest and most innovative technologies to help drive them forward. Please do not hesitate to apply if you are a Developer/Engineer from a non-finance background, as the team is comprised of strong technically proficient individuals from different areas of development. If you are interested then please send us your details to /