Online Editor - Digital Publishing Company
What we do:
We are a Digital Publishing Company that helps clients turn print publications into digital editions. We work with three sectors: Publishers; Membership Societies like the Royal Society of Chemistry and Institute of Physics; and companies.
The Online Editor Role:
The role of the Online Editor is to convert client's print publications into tablet and online editions. Typically we are supplied with print-ready PDFs which we have to deconstruct into XML, upload to our content management system and then edit and style for publishing to the tablet and online versions. The job requires attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and a desire to exceed expectations.
The ideal Online Editor will:
- have worked as an online editor
- prove understanding of magazine print and online production
- have excellent front-end online skills, including HTML, multi-media editing and some graphic design knowledge
- have an iPad or Android tablet and prove understanding of the evolution of digital editions
- be able to work from our offices in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
- be able to start work within one month
This is a great job as part of a small team in a rapidly expanding area which offers the potential for enormous job satisfaction and personal development.
You may have worked in the following capacities:
Digital Editor, Online Publishing Executive, Digital Publishing Executive, Digital Content Editor, Online Editorial Assistant.
The Online Editor vacancy is managed by RecruitmentRevolution.com - The UK's first online recruitment agency created 2005. By applying for this role you give express consent for us to process & submit (subject to required skills) your application to our client in conjunction with this vacancy only.. Date posted: 20/09/2013