My client is a global market leader in providing professional information and consultancy services and with the expansion of the business in the UK are looking to recruit a Key Account Manager to join the London based sales team.
Reporting in to the European Sales Director, you will be responsible for developing business with key clients from finance markets across EMEA as well as sourcing new clients and revenue streams. The typical clients will include large investment banks and asset managers and previous experience selling data and consultancy into this type of client will be a huge asset.
This role is an opportunity to take on an already successful portfolio of finance clients with a view to maximising revenue through utilizing structured sales methodologies to up sell and cross sell.
- Selling business information and consulting at different steps along the value chain
- Managing short and long term sales cycles through to completion
- Developing a sales strategy to effectively manage your vertical market
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- An exceptional understanding of the sales process as well as a demonstrable ability to uncover customers needs and establish value
- Professional attitude and good presentation skills
- An ability to build strong business relationships with clients up to a board level
- Good computer skills and a capacity to use complex software products
- Flexible and imaginative approach to challenges of reaching a global prospect base
- Extensive years of experience in data/business information and analytics sales
- A sales background in the financial markets highly preferred
- Experience of managing an international sales territory
- Outstanding verbal and written Communications skills.
- Have led or supported a Consulting sales process