User Experience Researcher
Passionate about sport, innovative in our approach, Betfair is a different sort of betting business.
Founded in 1999, Betfair pioneered the first successful Betting Exchange, which enables customers to come together to bet with each other. Over the course of ten years, the Exchange changed the face of sports betting and propelled Betfair from a start up to a member of the FTSE 250. Today, Betfair's Exchange is as busy as ever and it remains our unique differentiator in the marketplace.
In 2013, Betfair launched a Sportsbook both to provide a more accessible product for the mass market and complement the Exchange's coverage of sports betting markets. Together, both products offer a complete sports betting service to customers and they are increasingly being linked into each other in exciting ways, placing Betfair firmly at the forefront of innovation within the sports betting industry.
In addition to sports betting, Betfair offers a portfolio of innovative products including casino, exchange games, arcade and poker. Today we are one of the largest online betting and gaming operators in the UK market.
The User Experience Research team is part of the Customer Insight and Planning team which in turn is part of the Global Brand function. The Brand team owns and evangelises the principle of putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, and we will develop and execute world class strategies and execution to achieve this. The Customer Insight and Planning team is responsible for identifying and executing the market and customer research that can deliver an insight driven, sustainable competitive advantage.
The Senior User Experience Researcher is responsible for providing a continuous cycle of customer experience research from the initial exploration phase through to launch and beyond. The research helps inform the strategy and designs for improving existing and defining new products. The role presently reports to the Customer Insight and Planning Director.
The Senior User Experience Researcher will work closely with key stakeholders across Product, Marketing and Technology to present user research findings and make recommendations on key user requirements to ensure we build optimized products across multiple channels
- Champion the voice of the customer across the business
- Develop a deep understanding of how users interact with our products through user research and data analysis
- Manages third party relationships and projects related to customer experience research
- Scope and set up research activities to meet business objectives, whilst ensuring customers' needs are met
- Create experience measurement and optimisation plans to ensure mechanisms for improvement are set up and designs evolve to meet ever-changing customer needs.
- Provide recommendations and present results customer experience research to stakeholders
- Ensure all research conducted is retained and made easily accessible and distributed through structured and discipline knowledge management principles
- Work with other user facing teams in the business to drive a customer-centric approach through Betfair.
- Keep up-to-date with new technology trends, industry standards and competitor activity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships across different parts and different levels of the business and with external agencies
Desired qualifications and experience
- User Experience research in the Sports and Gaming industry is a must
- Advanced degree (masters) in human-computer interaction required
- Any additional qualifications in the areas of cognitive psychology, human-factors engineering or a similar field are a plus
- A proven track record of running and scoping user research across high profile sites.
- Experience in Researching International markets is very desirable
- Advanced understanding of design and usability principles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of cross platform design eg mobile, tablet, laptop
- Experience of project management and 3rd party relationship management.
- Delivery focused, organized, motivated, person with good communication skills.
- Experience in A/B testing, conceptualisation, user journeys, and behavioural design
- Being published or recognised as an expert in the area of User Experience is a plus
- Emotional Energy & Drive - Someone who can infect others with their energy and enthusiasm, who inspires other to perform to the highest standards
- High Influencing skills - Someone who through confidence and judgement can bring disparate teams together to work effectively and collaboratively towards a common goal
- Edge - Someone who is comfortable making difficult/tough decisions and act on them in a timely manner
- Relentless Curiosity - Someone who seeks and uses knowledge as a habit and part of their everyday life to continuously be ahead of the curve
- Drive for winning - Someone who is passionate to beat the competition, where losing market share is not an option
- Customer obsession: Start with the customer and work backwards
- Self-starter: ability to spot opportunities and take initiative to deliver insight to management