Senior Analysis Manager - including Design & Test Teams Management - INSURANCE or FINANCIAL SERVICES - applicants MUST have managed Analysis and Design teams in the past and have the ability to coach on Analytical techniques and processes. Management of 20 staff previously.
Excellent opportunity for experienced IT Systems Analysis Manager, Design & Testing Manager to join UK Financial Services leader - tenacious, motivated individual whom has had experience of managing a team of Systems Analysts in the past required to manage and coordinate consultants, analysts and testers within the Business Solutions team and the projects/activities for which they are responsible. You will provide leadership, motivate staff and create excellent team spirit.
Skills and Experience (Essential)
- Proven track record of staff/line management of teams of around 20 staff
- Proven track record of managing analysis and testing activities, both outsourced and in-house, across various locations
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience of working with formal requirement and analysis methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of working with formal testing methodologies
- Experience of involvement in a range of projects through entire life cycle
- A good knowledge of general insurance markets
- Assign analysis and testing staff to projects and small changes, as appropriate, taking into account the project needs, the available resource experience and the relative business priorities
- Work with the business and IT management team to manage the pipeline of analysis work
- Understand/co-ordinate cross-project dependencies and knock-on impacts of delays/amendment to scope, timeframe and resources
- Create, refine, and enforce a structured process for analysis, design and testing of IT platforms
- Ensure analysis and testing processes & procedures are adhered to across the IT department
- Review and approve assigned analysis and testing products for the department
- Understand business/IT strategies and ensure all advice, outputs, processes and methodologies support these objectives in conjunction with the Business Engagement Team
- Represent the Analysis, Design and Testing team in departmental meetings/discussions
- Provide support and consultancy to the acquisition and project shaping processes, including producing effort and cost estimates
- Provide resource for planning sessions with business divisions within the organisation, or conduct these sessions personally
- Identify and utilise new technologies and methodologies to improve overall effectiveness
- Positively contribute to the Business Solutions strategy
People and supplier management
- Ensure staff are effectively managing their activities against agreed scope and timeframes
- Performance manage direct reports, including half and full year reviews
- Prepare job descriptions, identify staffing needs and evaluate and mentor staff
- Build relationships with customers, IS and suppliers to ensure a good flow of information on technology advances, risks, opportunities etc.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as reasonably assigned by the Manager from time to time. Client is Essex based, easily commutable from London.