Web/Graphic Designer - Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
This Web/Graphic Designer vacancy is based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex but may suit candidates living in any of the above locations.
1st Central launched in 2008 and specialises in offering great value Car Insurance backed up with efficient customer service via our UK contact centre. In a short space of time, 1st Central has provided Car Insurance for over 1 million customers. All of 1st Central's policies are serviced via 3 offices in the heart of West Sussex.
First Central Insurance Management is currently looking for a Web/Graphic Designer. The successful candidate will be the sole in-house designer, and will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. The role involves listening to internal stakeholders and understanding their needs before making design decisions. Designs are required for a variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising in magazines, on posters, product communications, displays, HR communications and in-house corporate communications carrying the 1st Central 'brand'.
The role will include working to a brief agreed with the client. Develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the required objectives. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time and deadlines.
Day to Day Responsibilities of the Web/Graphic Designer:
* Meeting clients to discuss the objectives and requirements of the job
* Interpreting the business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose
* Estimating the time required to complete the work
* Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research
* Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
* Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
* Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients
* Working with a wide range of media, including photography
* Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
* Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief
* Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches
* Working on layouts and art working pages ready for print
* Developing interactive design
* Working as part of a team including web developers and marketing specialists
* Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and Flash
* Responsible for owning the image library.
The successful Web/Graphic Designer will have the following:
* Design experience covering both web and graphic design, with an emphasis on multimedia design
* Proven experience of using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office
* Ability to produce an accurate filing system for work completed or in progress
* Experience in Customer Facing within the financial services sector desired
* Experience of HTML and CSS, including their design capabilities and limitations would be beneficial
* Experience in a financial services consumer marketing/commercial role, across both external and internal facing media is desirable but not essential
* Excellent IT skills
* Exceptional creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
* Excellent time management and organisation.
Desirable to the role:
* Experience in a financial services consumer marketing/commercial role, across both external and internal facing media is desirable but not essential.
Do I still have you attention, well if I do and you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual that will strive to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business then make sure you apply today!