Multi-Channel/E-commerce Consultant- SEO, B2B, B2C, Pre-Sales
We are currently seeking an additional multi-channel and eCommerce Consultant for our eCommerce team.
You will be working as part of an integrated client/Salmon team in a highly interactive environment. You will be a key part of the team and expected to take the initiative in ensuring the business needs of our client are fully understood and met by the proposed solution.
- Support the business development team to progress opportunities within a pre-sales environment, including RFI/RFP responses, proposal writing, presentations, and website/product demonstrations
- Identify options for potential solutions and work with functional and technical teams to assess them for both technical and business suitability
- Work with clients to build and elicit their propositions for all brands, channels and devices across different geographies
- Work with clients to build an operational structure for multi-channel environments, recommending good people, good practice and good process
- Provide collateral for clients building a business benefits case
- Advise clients in relevant best practice, technology innovation, market trends related to digital and eCommerce
- Advise clients on their multi-channel digital strategies based upon real world experience and industry knowledge
- Advise clients on how to drive their growth curve and measure success through business insight
- Advise clients on online trading techniques
- Support the delivery team to prepare estimates for projects and change requests
- Work with project teams and a variety of end users to ensure solutions provide customer satisfaction
- Provide training to users of new systems if/when required
- Plan and work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Keep up to date with technical as well as industry sector advances
Customer Service responsibilities
- Maintain good customer relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Maintain consistently high levels of customer satisfaction
- Escalate business critical situations if required
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Production of reports, proposals, specifications or similar
- Knowledge of B2C and B2B multi-channel platforms/toolsets
- Knowledge and experience of delivering mobile and tablet solutions
- Experience of working with online retailers and FMCG/CPG companies/brands
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing techniques, such as Affiliate marketing, PPC, Search engines and SEO, Social media, Web analytics, marketplaces
- Strong communication skills as this role requires a high level of communication, interpersonal and presentation skills including experience of writing accurate and concise documents
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative to an agreed action plan
- Ability to lead client facing workshops and presentations to senior audiences
- Business sponsor and stakeholder management
- Strong problem solving, time management and organisational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to adapt his/her personal style to work with clients effectively
- Knowledge of any formal software development project methodologies
- Knowledge of project management techniques
- Experience of international travelling for business
- Experience of international online markets and local trading techniques
Founded 24 years ago, Salmon is a highly innovative eCommerce digital agency, with an 'on-time, on-budget' approach to the design, development, implementation and management of complex commerce based projects. Salmon's services are increasingly embraced by the leading names in retail, wholesale and manufacturing. Customers like Argos, Halfords, Kiddicare, Morrisons and Selfridges continue to return to Salmon for its ability to build and integrate business-led systems that add measurable competitive value to eCommerce and multi channel operations and to their bottom line.
Salmon quickly understands the business vision, creates realistic project plans and efficiently delivers solutions to plan; based around a management process that removes risk from successful project roll-outs. Which is why Salmon, through its offices in the United Kingdom, Australia and China, is able to ensure projects finish on schedule and deliver all the competitive, operational and financial advantages expected of them.
Salmon is headquartered in Watford, Hertfordshire.