We are looking for talented and influential Lead developers to join our team and create amazing products as well as influence one of the World's largest sites.
We're based at Oxford Circus in the centre of London. Broadcasting House is a brand new building which provides a great working environment and houses the largest News Room in Europe. You will be working right next to journalists giving you direct feedback from users.
We love new technology and modern development tools. Our current favourites are: Github, Grunt, RequireJS, PhantomJS, Vagrant, Sass and Cucumber.
We take your personal development really seriously. BBC Academy offers a wide range of courses and we encourage you to try something new, from IOS development to Presentation skills. Everyone is also encouraged to attend and speak at tech conferences and spread knowledge to the wider industry.
You will work alongside other developers and be responsible for leading world class code development, working in a multi-disciplinary team with Product owners, Project Managers, designers, architects and testers.
You will lead on design and build of all Front End components ensuring best practice is being followed within the team.
You will provide time and resource estimates to assist in the planning of projects as well as mentor and coach less experienced members of the team.
It's essential you have:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven team leadership skills.
- Fluency in one or more of: PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, Perl.
- Ability to write quality OO code in PHP and have experience with MVC frameworks
- Excellent Front End web development skills:
- HTML5. Semantic markup patterns for flexible reuse.
- CSS/SCSS. Good understanding of modern techniques such as Responsive Web Design and graceful degradation for older browsers.