We are recruiting for a Software Developer to join our web team working on our e-commerce platform, as well as new web and mobile projects. These are both ASP.NET MVC 3 web applications written in C#.NET.
Our web team uses Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server, and our web site runs on Windows Server 2008 R2 using ASP.NET MVC 3 with AppFabric Server middleware and a PostgreSQL backend.
Writing scalable code and using the latest technologies to ensure that we can meet demand; our working environment is relaxed and friendly, with no dress code.
Essential technology experience:
* Relational database (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
* Strong conceptual grasp of the basic building blocks of the web such as HTTP and TCP/IP
* Minimum 3 years' experience of software development
* Excellent understanding of object orientated programming
* Excellent understanding of n-tier application development
* An ability to work on own initiative based on general requirements
* Passion for emerging web trends and technologies
Highly desirable technology experience:
* ASP.NET MVC (or other MVC web frameworks)
* Unit testing
* MSBuild / Team Foundation Server
* Administering Windows Server and IIS
* Experience working in a load balanced, high performance environment
* IT Degree and/or qualifications are desirable but not essential
Salary: 28,000 - 33,000
Location: East Midlands / Nottingham City Centre
Celebrating nearly 25 years of successful recruitment within IT, Technical and Engineering disciplines, our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates. We recruit Permanent and Contract Development, Architect, Technical Team Lead, Senior Developer, Principal Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Analyst Programmer, Junior Developer, Junior Software Engineer, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL Server jobs across the East Midlands, South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Nottingham areas. Please feel free to browse our latest opportunities and may we wish you every success in your search for the 'ideal role'.