.Net Developer/Software Developer
Salary - £30000 - £35000 + Benefits include, Childcare Vouchers, Share Ownership Plan, Share Save Scheme, Eye care.
The Capita Group Plc is the UK's leading business process outsourcing company. Our goal is simple - to help our huge range of public and private sector clients improve service to their customers.
Due to internal progression and movement within the business Capita based in Portsmouth are now looking to recruit an experienced Software Developer - .NET to join their existing team
Insurance & Benefits Services is a specialist insurance broker within the Capita Group selling insurance predominantly to schools and care homes. The company includes a professional development team that delivers software to the business. We are looking for an experienced developer to work as part of our software development team producing and maintaining medium to large scale WPF and ASP.NET applications using C#, Visual Studio and Sql Server. The Windows software we develop is used internally by our business as well as by our partner companies. The Asp.NET websites we develop are a mixture of brochure ware and fully interactive sites used by our clients. The team is moderately sized and the work is varied. We use an Agile methodology supported by Team Foundation Server.
Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities of job:
- Creation of technical specifications based on the user requirements gathered by the business analysts
- Design and develop code in all tiers of the application from the UI to the Database
- As required create and manage the database scheme and stored procedures
- Have input into UI design
- Write and perform unit tests inside Visual Studio
- Author technical documentation regarding areas of the application that the developer is responsible for
- Give any other input into the application design or functionality as appropriate.
- Commercial C# .NET experience
- .Net 4
- Commercial WPF or Silverlight experience
- ASP.NET experience
- SQL Server 2005/2008 - including creation of schema and stored procedures
- Entity Framework
- Infragistics WPF controls
- Microsoft Patterns and Practices Prism
- Unity or other IoC container
- Expression Blend
- MVVM design pattern
- ASP.NET MVC
- Agile development
- Automated unit testing
- Insurance industry experience, especially with regards to policy management
Benefits: Childcare Vouchers, Share Ownership Plan, Share Save Scheme, Eye care.
To apply for the .Net Developer role please press the apply button and follow the link
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.