The Drum is looking for a talented front end developer who has a passion for design to join its team in Glasgow.
This is an exciting role working on a range of projects across the business and provides a great opportunity to show what you can do to the best digital and design companies in the UK.
You'll work closely with the back end developers as well as marketing, editorial and events teams and your ideas and skills will be integral to developing our online platforms. You’ll be involved in development for mobile environment, website design and build, email template creation and cross browser testing.
As well as good technical understanding in the key areas you should have strong creative skills with a good understanding of UX and have a portfolio which shows your ability and appreciation for design. Good knowledge of Photoshop, HTML and CSS are therefore essential. We would also expect evidence of self development with new technologies and keeping abreast of latest tech developments.
Ideally we are looking for someone with 1-2 years experience but would also consider talented graduates with the right attitude and evidence of potential to develop in the role.
Must haves for the role:
- Proficiency in HTML 5, CSS3 with a knowledge of JS particularly the jQuery framework would be beneficial
- Ability to code tabular cross platform email templates from start to finish
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Proven ability to handle cross-browser coding
- Knowledge of current web standards and the latest trends
- Have an eye for detail that takes a UI from good to great
- Have a balanced and graceful design aesthetic
Things that would impress:
- Knowledge of version control (SVN or git)
- Knowledge of Video/Audio editing
- Experience implementing a responsive design using Bootstrap or other frameworks
- Experience with working with DFP or other advertisement management software
- Experience implementing Drupal templates