Job Title Digital Manager
Reports to Marketing and Communications Director
Job Purpose To develop and implement an innovative digital strategy for the Edinburgh International Festival’s digital presence
1. To lead on the development of an innovative digital strategy for the Edinburgh International Festival.
2. To develop, within the overall marketing strategy, a digital marketing strategy and to create and implement an action plan.
3. To advise and collaborate on developing plans to fulfil the digital needs of each Festival department.
4. To input into planning for software and hardware upgrades.
5. To manage all aspects of the day to day online and digital presence for the Edinburgh International Festival, within the overall Festival brand and marketing strategy.
6. To manage the day to day work of any additional temporary digital and online staff.
7. With the Marketing Manager, plan and deliver a strategy for the continued development and improvement of the Festival website, to increase visitor engagement and maximise sales.
8. With the Marketing Manager, plan and implement a strategy for website promotion, maximising traffic through effective online advertising, PPC and SEO campaigns.
9. To draw up and implement a plan for audio and video content to engage audiences and maximise return on investment. Both creating original content and utilising existing materials by engaging directly with companies and artists to create opportunities. To disseminate content as widely as possible to extend the reach of the Festival as far as possible.
10. Create and develop relationships with suitable external digital partners.
11. To analyse website data, identify trends and provide accurate and regular evaluation reports, optimising campaigns to produce the best return on investment.
12. To analyse and interpret user journey statistics in order to improve the customer experience online.
And any other duties as required.
The successful applicant:
• will probably be a graduate or equivalent, preferably in a relevant field
• will have experience of creating digital strategies underpinned by action plans.
• will have a minimum of 4 years’ professional experience or equivalent in digital marketing or a related field
• will have extensive knowledge and experience of planning and executing digital marketing campaigns utilising paid media
• will have extensive experience of planning and executing social media campaigns
• will have a passion for emerging opportunities in digital communications
• will have excellent organisational skills
• will have excellent communication and writing skills
• will have a knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the performing arts
Terms and conditions
Salary is £29,000.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, 3 days of which must be taken between Christmas and New Year. Contributory pension scheme after completion of probationary period.
Salary payable monthly in arrears. Post subject to a three month probationary period, during which one week’s notice can be given. On successful completion of probation, notice period is three months on either side.
Please send a letter of application and full CV outlining how you feel you meet the requirements of this job description to:
Kirsten Stewart, HR Manager, Edinburgh International Festival, The Hub, Edinburgh EH1 2NE email email@example.com
Closing date for applications 12pm on 22nd March 2013. Interviews w/c 25th March 2013.