Ambitious digital marketing agency are looking for a head of SEM. You will have a vital role to play in the strategic development of the Search Engine Marketing team and client base. The successful candidate is likely to have led a marketing agency search team or an in-house search team with direct responsibility for full service delivery and performance levels, and with a significant focus on customer acquisition strategies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Management of a spectrum of key internal brands and websites across SEO, PPC and Analytics functions. Responsibilities include:
• Team management – Responsible for managing a team of six search marketing professionals able to research, plan and execute successful search / online marketing strategies for a diverse and global range of brands, products / services and websites in a professional manner.
• Team nurturing and mentoring – Encourage and support each of the SEM team members to enable them to achieve and exceed on their performance targets and yearly objectives.
Accounts and Projects
• Strategic direction – Provide strategic direction to clients and the SEM team with the aim of improving the PPC and SEO campaigns performance, as well as leveraging and exploiting new opportunities in the search engine marketing landscape
• Project management – Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget, as well as ensuring consistency in the level of quality, accuracy and brand adherence of any document / proposal / presentation produced by the SEM team
• Accounts performance accountability – Be responsible and accountable for the SEM clients’ accounts performance. Ensure that the best possible advice and practice is put in place to deliver superior accounts performance
• Clients Servicing – Deliver a superior level of service, at all times and in any situation. Be available and approachable for clients, the SEM team and other teams within the agency.
• Client relationship management and development – Manage and develop client relationships based on in-depth understanding of their business, goals and specific SEM objectives. Win their trust by showing commitment, honesty and hard work
• Work with vendors and third party providers – maintain and develop positive and collaborative relationship with search engines account managers and industry experts, as well as with third party services and software providers
• CRO and Landing Page testing - Lead (and delegate, where appropriate) the investigation of Conversion Rate Optimisation and Landing Page testing strategies and techniques, with the aim of improving the clients’ campaigns performance on an ongoing basis
• Support the Strategy and Sales team with the production and the presentation of SEM proposals and pitch presentations - for both integrated clients and search only clients
• Promptly and proactively undertake any admin tasks, including but limited to tasks related to financial (i.e. month end reconciliation, exchange rates, timesheets, contribution review), operational, HR (i.e. recruitment, appraisals, monthly 121s, team meetings and activities), and team development matters
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of 8 years search marketing experience, preferably gained from previous similar / hands on roles
• An in-depth understanding of all elements of search engine marketing (PPC, SEO and Analytics) and the ability to provide insight into future trends
• Proven team management experience, including mentoring and motivating the team, as well as ensuring that deliverables are met and campaigns performance targets are exceeded
• Proven experience of strategising, planning and assisting with the execution of successful PPC Campaigns – examples will be requested
• Proven experience of strategising, planning and assisting with the execution of successful SEO Campaigns – examples will be requested
• Proven experience of running SEM Campaigns across several countries / territories, industries, and for B2C as well as B2B audiences
• The ability to manage yours and your team’s workload within a results and deadline driven environment, prioritising workflow accordingly
• Attention to detail is a must, along with excellent organisational skills, and an analytical mind to provide ongoing reporting and consultancy at a strategic level
• Previous experience / understanding / exposure to other digital disciplines:
o Affiliate marketing
o Display advertising
o Social media
o Online reputation management
• Additional European languages; i.e. German, Spanish, French, Italian