Freight is a leading, multi-award-winning design and marketing communications consultancy based in central Glasgow. We are seeking a proactive and motivated account manager to manage and develop client relationships and on-going project activity. Candidates should have either a minimum of two years agency experience or two years in a client-side marketing role and should possess a solid understanding of production for print (web production knowledge an advantage) as well as demonstrable project management skills. Salary (with benefits) dependent on experience.
The role of Account Manager is to plan, manage and complete on-going creative project activity for a range of design and marketing communications clients:
• Maintain on-going contact with clients and take instruction on project activity
• Initiate project activity and manage workflow through the creative studio
• Write project briefs
• Advise clients on project specification and timescales
• Liaise with external suppliers to get costings and to manage production
• Prepare appropriate reports for clients and directors
• Provide on-going advice and consultancy to clients
1. Ensure the smooth passage of creative projects from initiation to completion by acting as liaison between client contacts and the studio
2. Maximise commercial opportunities by developing and maintaining close relationships with all key contacts and proactively identify areas for the company to add value
3. Manage all administration in relation to project activity, from client communication to supplier management
4. Manage external costing processes to ensure pricing is as advantageous to both client and consultancy
5. Provide effective reporting to both clients and directors
6. Invoicing of project activity
7. Checking and amending of printed proofs.
The position of marketing manager requires the following skills:
• Excellent inter-personal skills including presentation, telephone and negotiation skills
• Self-starting – ability to retain focus while working on one’s own
• Good knowledge of print production and (some) knowledge of web production
• Writing abilities, in particular proposal writing
• Prioritising, planning, recording and reporting
• Computer literacy, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel
• Driving License
• The ability to operate within a team, integrate and participate
• Time flexibility: the flexibility to work unusual hours occasionally, make extended business trips and very occasionally work weekends
• The ability to work under a degree of pressure from time to time
Salary dependent on experience.
Benefits include contributory pension (after 12 months continuous service), death in service benefit. Free on-site parking available.