Established British Institution require a talented Web Producer to join their in-house team, being instrumental in defining and maintaining the character of the websites and work closely with in-house to conceive, design and launch new web developments.
Whilst this is neither a technical nor design role, some technical and design knowledge is imperative for efficacy in this role. Familiarity with common web publishing technologies such as CSS and HTML aids effective communication with web developers. Experience of eCommerce, website testing, SEO, UI/UX, wireframe creation, WebTrends(or similar web analytics software) and content management systems would be a great help.
On a daily basis the Web Producer will be called on to:
• Oversee the day-to-day operational maintenance of the organisation websites
• Work with a third party design agency to specify the UI look, feel and functionality for the new websites in conjunction with brand guidelines
• Support the planning, production and testing of new web developments
• Work with the Commissioning Editor to ensure new content is web ready
• Manage the existing website content (including content retirement and migration)
• Conduct user testing post-implementation
• Coordinate troubleshooting of technical problems
• Coordinate and monitor the optimisation of online statistics and provide meaningful statistical reporting
• Ensure the integrity of the online systems and information through the implementation and maintenance of established system management practices, processes and controls
• Be responsible for search engine optimisation (SEO)
• Manage reference data sets
• Maintain inbound and outbound links
• Co-ordinate the management of the various domain names and any redirects.
The Web Producer will also be expected to:
• Collaborate closely and partner with other disciplines/capabilities including marketing, project managers and IT developers
• Find ways to boost the popularity of the websites and increase user activity
• Keep current with the latest online and ecommerce trends and technology to keep the websites usable and competitive in the online world
• Assist to develop global strategy and online experiences that meet and exceed business objectives.
**Please note that successful applicants will have to complete 5 year address & employment check, plus a basic level CRC and financial probity check**