Blipfoto is a social network based on a very simple idea – taking and sharing just one photo a day.
An incredibly active and vibrant community has grown around this addictive concept. Blipfoto.com currently delivers over 17 million monthly page views to an audience of 285,000 individuals in more than 175 countries, and hosts over 2.5 million photos.
The service is ad-free and a simple, clean interface puts the emphasis on users’ content – an approach which has been intrinsic to Blipfoto’s success. Good design will remain at the core of the brand and user experience as Blipfoto begins a period of intensive marketing, launches new features and moves onto new devices.
The company recently closed a second round of investment, creating a new full-time position for a User Interface and Graphic Designer. The successful candidate will join Blipfoto’s seven-strong team in Edinburgh, and will begin working immediately on:
• Website UI and UX design
• iOS, Android and Windows app design
• Online and offline marketing projects
• Developing new print on demand products
• Co-branded partnership projects
• Print, POS and exhibition projects
This position would suit an individual with professional experience in these areas, a love of uncluttered design and an obsessive attention to detail, the energy to live and breathe Blipfoto and the enthusiasm to play a crucial role in its next phase of growth.
• 2-3 years’ professional experience in UI and UX design
• A solid portfolio with examples of published work
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• The ability to design and prepare artwork for print
• The ability to manage a busy workload and meet tight deadlines
• Photographic experience
• Motion graphics experience
• Creating mock-ups in CSS
If you wish to apply for this position, please send a full CV and examples of recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11 January.