Purpose of the Role
To provide high quality and professional services thatcontribute towards the achievement of the organisation’s vision and strategic objectives.
The Graphic Designer will design and produce materials to be used to promote LMH whilst adhering to the brand strategy and guidelines. The role holder will liaise directly with internal clients to interpret their requirements into working, professional visuals and finished products in line with brand guidelines. The role holder will also liaise with printers and other external suppliers to discuss and clarify technical requirements
The role holder will contribute towards the overall achievement of the Operational and Team plans through collaboration, liaison and effective team working within the department and with colleagues across LMH.
Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
1. To provide support to the Customer Communications Manager as a front line contact for internal clients across LMH for graphic design and visual communication projects. Liaising with external suppliers to discuss and clarify technical requirements and internal finance department to ensure smooth procedures in print buying.
2. To lead on the design and production of a variety of printed and visual materials used in advertising, promotional and other campaigns.
3. To provide Event Management and support services for internal events with the support of the Customer Communications Manager.
4. To work proactively with multiple stakeholders and provide clients with expert help and advice in design and promotional materials to best serve their needs and meet strategic objectives.
5. To provide excellent customer service – explaining technicalities of design, process, file formats and advising on timescales, deadlines and feasibility.
6. To monitor the use of the brand guidelines and provide advice as and when required. Maintain a high level of quality and consistency across the design process.
7. To take a proactive approach to ensure the needs of the business and users are being met via user groups etc.
8. To develop and ensure compliance with all I.T. policy statements and procedural manuals with special reference to data protection, system security, backup procedures and disaster recovery.
9. To contribute to the overall creative team – working to achieve a uniform and quality style and standard of work.
10. To plan schedule workload with other departments maintaining a client booking system and managing multiple client requests – monitoring timescales, delivery dates, costs and budget.
11. To be proficient in the use of multiple design software packages including – in design, quark express, photoshop, illustrator and freehand
12. To ensure projects are resourced and managed – sourcing imagery, arranging art, directing photo shoots, sourcing information on new hardware/software.
13. To undertake administrative duties in relation to the post.
14. To ensure a positive profile for LMH through effective business relationships with partners and stakeholders.
To carry out such other duties and responsibilities as are consistent with the concept of the role.
1. Have knowledge of LMH’s vision and promote the values of the organisation at all times.
2. To maintain a comprehensive knowledge of LMH departments, services, policies and procedures in relation to the role & to be responsible for maintaining effective working relationships with internal services, external agencies and organisations.
3. Comply at all times with all LMH policies and relevant legislation including Data Protection, Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety and financial regulations
4. To understand the key business priorities and performance indicators throughout LMH.
5. To have an understanding of equality and diversity, to enable the promotion of positive practices in all LMH activities.
6. Risk management is every member of staff’s responsibility and everyone has a role in carrying out appropriate Risk Management by adhering to the LMH Risk Framework and contributing to risk identification, assessment and control exercises
7. Support the delivery of value for money services, providing cost-effective, efficient, quality services to meet existing and potential customers’ needs.