Based in Leicestershire
This is an opportunity to work with an independent digital agency specialising in full service online marketing communications. Their services include web design and creation; e-commerce; and developing social media and mobile apps. As a Web Developer you will be involved with delivering all of these to their diverse range of clients, including some very respected international names.
- 2+ years professional commercial experience
- Have a passion for web development and related emerging technologies
- Thorough understanding of PHP and MySQL based web development
- Knowledge of OO PHP5 frameworks and MVC applications (Zend, CodeIgnitor)
- Experience developing for mobile environments and responsive design
- Excel in web standards, online accessibility and browser/platform compatibility
- Have experience in open source CMS such as WordPress, Magento, Joomla, ExpressionEngine, Drupal, MODx
- Understand testing procedures, bug tracking and version control systems
- Be a team player, confident and constructive with development decisions
- Ability to take the lead on projects and deliver to deadlines
Additional/bonus skill areas
- Have an interest in mobile development – Objective C, HTML5, PhoneGap, Appcelerator, Sencha Touch, JQuery Mobile
- Knowledge of design patterns and development methodologies including front-end and back-end usability concepts
- Understand social media applications and relevant API’s
- Knowledge of server and domain configurations – Linux, Apache, DNS
- Be comfortable working with SSH and the Linux command line
- Be familiar with search engine optimisation techniques
- Be comfortable using the Adobe suite of programs
- ASP and ASP.NET knowledge would be useful
The ideal candidate will be:
A technology obsessive – you have a passion for web development and related emerging technologies.
Systematic/Methodical – you will need to be able to work with existing systems as well as help devise new ways of doing things better.
Highly organised – this job will involve juggling a number of projects at once.
A perfectionist – Driven to deliver projects and services to the highest possible standards, on time and budget.
Prepared to go ‘the extra mile‘ to get the job done.
They are offering a competitive salary, based on experience. You will receive 23 days holiday, pension scheme and a varied, informal working environment within a friendly, established digital agency.