Maximum salary is£25k
Copywriter to provide a copywriting and proofreading facility covering all items produced by the business such as campaign copy, pitch documents, press releases, online and similar, to the standard required.
1. Work with the Creative Director to construct campaign concepts and associated messaging, including headlines, straplines and body copy that will be utilised across a wide variety of campaign materials, both online and offline.
2. Brainstorming with other members of the creative team.
3. Work with the Account Services team to create the copy for pitch documents.
4. Development of a house style and tone of voice that is complementary to existing marketing collateral.
5. Creation of press releases and both long and short copy for other materials to promote the agency.
6. Effectively and efficiently proofread all types of documents and collateral text.
7. Customer facing: Representing the agency by all means of contact, including face-to-face client meetings, creative pitches, focus groups and via telephone/email.
8. Preferred – placement of copy into relevant documents and formatted as required.
a. A robust command of English including exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation.
b. Ability to rewrite technical/medical text into a form that is relevant and legible to a given target audience, as specified in a brief document.
c. Ability to provide copy that is easy to navigate and divided into digestible sections.
d. Ability to produce headings that are compelling and attention-grabbing.
e. Ability to effectively deliver sometimes complex ideas in simple and easy to understand language, and with a minimum of jargon.
f. Sound understanding of the agency’s operation.
g. An appreciation of the tenets of Social Marketing.
h. Ability to present ideas confidently and succinctly; this could be to other members of the agency, clients in a pitch situation or focus group participants.
i. Ensuring that attention to detail is consistently as high as possible.
j. Ability to write copy that is tailored for search engine optimisation.
k. Ability to conduct own research and fully reference all copy.
l. Knowledge of relevant software packages pertinent to the role (e.g. Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat)
m. Preferred – working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Mac OS X.